The Dwarven Dagger of Blitz

Started by miguel, Sun 10/02/2008 22:15:02

Previous topic - Next topic

miguel

Hello everybody,
it's been long since I've done anything worth posting on AGS forums.
Anyway, after dozens of aborted projects and some years later, I want to anounce some screenies for you guys!
================================================================================
Trevor Lostpick finds himself one day out of his parents house. They no longer want to put up with Trevor's endless days of doing nothing! His abilities as a farmer aren't the best either so it is thought, for the best, to send Trevor to explore the world and if possibly, for him to stay there!
Trevor travells to Kriegson Town, where he'll meet some characters that will change his life and the world forever!
================================================================================

Update for Chapter 1
    Characters sprites : 100%
    Rooms Background: 100%
    Scripting: 90%
    Story: 100%
    Music: 90%

Chapter 2
     Characters sprites: 70%
     Background art and rooms: 30%
     Scripting: 5%
     Story: 100%
     Music: 40%

The Dwarven Dagger is:
  -320x240 pixel drawn
  - The final release should have the first 2 chapters
The Dwarven Dagger is about a spoof on rpg games but not to put it on the comic-related genre, it tries to be funny but with a suported story behind.
I tried to join the things I enjoyed more on adventure-games and fantasy medieval rpg's.
Well, I will keep you posted and show some more screenies and chars sprites if I see some interest on you guys.
Thanks for your time.
It's good to be back although I never left, you have been good to me during this years of free point&click games!

Update: prodution is going well, I've decided on doing animations for almost any action the main character does and it's going well. I should have chapter 1 finished in a couple of days.
=======update 11.03.2008=============================
chapter I finished (another screenshot displayed above!), maybe I'll release this first chapter and see how is the reaction of whoever plays the game.
Hopefully, by the time the forums are running again I'll have it avaiable for download
========update 30-03-2008=======================================
game is beeing beta-tested!!!
intro finished!!!!
=============================================================

Working on a RON game!!!!!

Darth Mandarb

Are these actual "in game" shots?  I don't see a gui, status bar, player character, cursor ...

miguel

I hope it's the right way now. thanks

Darth Mandarb

No need to apologize ... just please update the first post with two "in-game" screenshots (like the one above).  Thanks and good luck with the game!

Emerald

Looks pretty good. A little light on story, but I'm sure you'll figure that out ;)

miguel

Well, Trevor goes around saying he's a Level 14 Mage or a Level 17 Fighter, anouncing he's a big hero and then that's when people (NPC) will chalenge him to do quests so that he can prove he is what he says. If you ever played Rpg's before you will find most of the jokes and puzzles are related.

miguel

New screen and report of how things are going on the main post.
Chapter one almost finished, turned out to be bigger than I thought.

ze garrincha

I see Trevor is growing into something real . Good luck Miguel ,  8) ... 

miguel

Yup, Trevor is growing and I am very happy with the progress I've made lately.
I think I'll release the first chapter by the 20th of this month.
I would apreciate critics of any kind, please

CosmoQueen

Ooo that's in 6 days! I'm excited! :D
KPop and AGS....................that is my life.

miguel

Prodution Update:
Chapter I finished and will be released next week, I'm finishing the intro and playing the game as much as I have time to, in order to check all the options avaiable I have set some global ints that keep track of the game pace and allow NPC's to answer to the player acording to the plot.
CosmoQueen: If I have time I work fast, but I never do!!!!

Zufub

You may find beta-testers, realease date should be faster. But its not rule. Graphic is ok but characters sprites are bad ;P i think this is second production on my list in this month and early start of next month ;P
If you like any game makers, writ in your browser those tags:
RPG maker
Game Maker
Adventure Maker
Of course there are many more programmes to making games, but i prefer them + AGS ;) First is to making RPG games, next to ANY games and last is able to make Adventure Games (many is type: Escape the Room).

ZuFub ;

miwi

Looks nice, except the character sprites look blurred in comparison to the background...

But, parodies are always nice, so, I'm waiting to see that :)

miguel

Characters at that point didn't have any region lightning aplied and the backgrounds were almost 100%finished, but I noticed that as well. Also character active scaling does that on 320x240 games ( the bluring ).
Thanks for the coments!

Ryan Timothy B

Yeah I'm trying to avoid the character scaling myself, on my game, not a very big fan.  Destroys the characters image.

dirk delshire

Sounds interesting. The player sprites may not be great but after playing Nes for hours as a kid I think I can stand them. I've had a similar Idea as yours before so I'd like to see how it plays out. 
OMEGA Works Lead Director
Sometimes the art defines the artist but I believe artist defines himself...

miguel

Thanks guys!
The Characters sprites are something I am working on and will look better in the actual game, I should have it done in some days, currently doing the Intro.

Intro finished and beta-testing!
hope I finish this first-chapter soon

miguel

Final Tests in progress, hope it's ready by wednesday!
The moment you've been waiting for is coming...
very soon...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk