Pixel art for a comic? What?

Started by Z_Bill, Tue 29/04/2008 12:09:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Z_Bill

Hello AGS dudes. This may be a bit weird, but I'm a fan of adventure games and play AGS games a good deal, so I thought it okay to ask:...

I am a cartoonist and my book is going to have a few pixel art pages that are meant to simulate a handheld game the character is playing. Here are the two pages I've got right now. They are resized and turned to jpgs so they're off a little.

And here are some panels at actual size and 200%

I'm looking for some feedback. Technically, this would be an action platformer sort of game (though I opted out of doing tiles) and not an adventure. For the equivalent of a GameBoy color.  The palette is 20 colors and might be a bit odd because trying to make the colors match the colors in the rest of the book to some degree.

So any feedback would be great (rendering, color, readability, etc). I'm a little out of my element with the pixel stuff and you guys seem to be pixel gurus so I thought I'd ask. And sorry if this doesn't fit in these forums.

fred

Cool style, and I wish you would make that game ('QUICKLY, WEASEL! HUMANITY SHUNS YOU!' cracks me up).

One thing I noticed is that at first glance I thought the yellow sky was a wall, maybe because the ship in the first panel looks a little like bricks behind torn wallpaper. Other than that, it looks very good.

Oliwerko

I am a bit confused by the wave. Maybe it is just me, but its placement is not clear to me. It looks like it is in front of the rest.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk