Colouring Ball: Soylent, er, BLUE? (until 29.02.) - Winners announced!

Started by , Mon 18/02/2008 16:23:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghost

I was in this restaurant once where all the dishes had fancy names. I fondly remember this one, called "Soylent Blue", and what would fit us here at BigBlueCup better than this great smorgasboard of taste and chewy delight?
Unfortunately I have *no* idea what the actual recipe was, but it looked pretty much like this:

The Rules:
*Create a tasty dish with all your favourite stuff, matching the label "Soylent BLUE"
*No colour limit (and blue should definitely be included!)
*You can flip and rotate the outline
*You can resize the image but not the outline
*The outline can be modified slightly, but must be recognisable
*You can place objects on top of the outline but the outline must remain recognisable
*Feel free to include a background
*Fancy decoration will easily sway the jury!
*To avoid unfortunate events, the dish mustn't contain traces of nuts!
*Get your entries in by the 27th!
*Have lots of calorine-laden fun!

Sparkly trophies cooked up already...

Domino

Hopefully I followed the rules with the Soylent Blue.. I didn't know what that was, but i did create a tasty dish from a dead Blue roadkill animal that has yet to be identified. I gave it some nice toppings to make the rotting blue corpse taste better..

[Cameron]

As presented to Cthulhu eater of worlds... Soylent Blue!

Ghost

Top entries, Domino and Cameron, I love both of them! Well, let's see if someone else dares to tackle this treaty task!

To clear up what Soylent blue is... just look here. (I should stop assuming that everybody knows these references I've known to spot  ;) )

Only one short day to go! Come on, don't let me down here!

thebaddie

damn i have no more time

my old pc goes BOOM and now is to late for an entry

i love that prize, my girl is a cook and could help me  ;D

right, ehr, maybe next time  ;) (ehm, another 1 or 2 days?)

Quote from: Ghost on Sun 24/02/2008 20:14:25
To clear up what Soylent blue is... just look here.
like the one in Futurama cartoon

Svartberg

i'm past halfway done on my entry, but i might have to wait till the evening to finish it (due to work), any chance for a 1 day extension ?

Domino

I think the deadline should be extended so we can get more entries in. It kind of stinks that there are only 2 at the moment.

Would really like to see more.

Mr. Suit

Soylent Blue Is People!

BTW, I am aware that part of the hair is floating. I like it that way. It's bizarre.
There's nothing glorious in dying. Anyone can do it.

ThreeOhFour

Soylent Blue Is Animals!

BTW I am aware that the potatos are floating. I like them that way. It is bizarre ;D.

Much apologies to Ferdinand for cheapening his jokes  :-[.

Feeds two.

Edit: Hope my grey blue is blue enough. If not, I'll gladly withdraw the entry :).

Edit 2: Domino, I really like your picture. Especially his yellow nose. The placement of one of the carrots is something I find slightly concerning, however ;).

Mr. Suit

Not even a month in the AGS community and I'm already an influence! ;D
BTW, i love the elephant.
EDIT: Lol. Funny place to put a carrot.
Also I wanted to remember everyone about the cartoon parody sprite jam. If I see some cool entries it may be worth making a trophy.

Ghost

Ahhh, nice to see some more entries rushing in. Okay, let's add a little time to the deadline, to spice things up. Two days should be enough I think.

Great stuff all the way. And *yes*, the elephant is neat!

Svartberg

Fun brief ! I thought of a gourmet dish :)
Sorry couldn't resist  ::)

Ben304: nice touch with the fork :)

ThreeOhFour

Incredible entry! I feel so ashamed of mr elephant now ;D.

I'm glad to see more entries!

bicilotti

The funny thing is at least two entries may contain nuts at the moment :D

Ghost

Quote from: bicilotti on Wed 27/02/2008 14:24:31
The funny thing is at least two entries may contain nuts at the moment :D

Nevertheless, nice to see the sparks flying!

Domino

PixelPerfect

My first graphic entry.  ;)

Soylent Blue is Royal People

We have picked the finest of royal families in all of the lands for you to enjoy. The blue blooded gives the dish almost a suprising flavor of saltiness mixed with the different tastes of spring. Order now and tell your friends you ate like a whole king. Be on top of the foodchain!
PS. Check out the Soylent White-section for all new albino meat. Who needs color when the meat is that good!

Really nice svartberg!
Also nice comedy with the elephant Ben304!  ;D

EDIT: Dang.. didn't notice the deadline was gone until I posted. Well if it takes me out of the competition, it's okay. It was fun to make it anyways.
EDIT2: Double dang... didn't notice that deadline was extended. Maybe I should go to an eyedoctor.

Mr. Suit

PixelPerfect: I love the coloring!! Makes me wish I'd spent more time working on my entry.
I'm new in all this, what program did you use for the shading, blurring, etc?

PixelPerfect

Thank you very much Ferdinand!  :)

I used Illustrator for the outlines and Photoshop for everything else. I'm not that good of a drawer so I work in higher resolutions and then scale down. This one was about 2500 x 2000. In the end I had 50 layers of different stuff there. I used approx. 5 hours on this as I'm not that speedy of a worker.

Here's a bigger picture so you can see better what's going on.

Mr. Suit

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk