Doctor Who Episode 0: Tardis Trouble

Started by skerrigan, Sat 23/02/2008 12:43:59

Previous topic - Next topic

skerrigan

Doctor Who: The Eighth Doctor Adventures
Episode 0: Tardis Trouble

This is a proof-of-concept 1 room adventure game featuring the Eighth Doctor, portrayed in the TV Movie and subsequent radio dramas by Paul McGann. The TARDIS has been banged around by a strange current in the time vortex. You must repair and pilot the TARDIS to safety before it is destroyed.

This is intended to be a series of episodic games featuring the Eighth Doctor - Episode 1 is still in production (and may be for some time), but you can download Episode 0 here. Please bear in mind the following:-

1. Yes I know the graphics are borrowed. :)
2. This is my first AGS adventure.
3. This is meant to be the first few rooms of a larger adventure.
4. There are doubtless bugs, things I didn't think of etc. Also I still never figured how to keep the Tardis spinning all the time!

Eva

Am I supposed to pay for this download?

Buckethead

No silly, you just have to wait like 20 sec  :)

Nostradamus

Looks awesome, I love Doctor Who!
Why the Eight Doctor though?   :-\
I'd like it better if you'd used the 4th Doctor (classic Tom Baker) or the 9th or 10th. Anyway kudos for creating a Dr Who game and I certainly will enjoy it and I hope this results in a long series of games. Will write more when I play it but that will be a while since I'm terribly busy currently.

skerrigan

Quote from: Nostradamus on Sat 23/02/2008 21:02:07
Why the Eight Doctor though?   :-\

You had to ask...

I like the Eighth Doctor best -  cool personality, great actor, closer to the new TV series than the classic and yet more restrained than 9 or 10 and yet as barmy as 4, young as 5, actiony as 3. Plus he has the coolest TARDIS. Also he doesn't have the "baggage" of the other doctors as he only had 1 TV outing.

I do plan, if I ever get to the stage, of adapting some of my favourite Eighth doctor stories from his radio show on Big Finish ( http://www.bigfinish.com ),  particularly Storm Warning and The Horror of Glam Rock. The latter would be a very, very fun adventure game.

Anyroads there already is a pefectly good 4th Doctor AGS game in production.

Sslaxx

Ah, you're a Big Finish fan! Nice one.

I know Duckbutcher is, but are you on the Doctor Who Forums as well?

I've downloaded this, going to get the AGS interpreter for Linux and then I'll check this one out...
Stuart "Sslaxx" Moore.

Eva

Thanks Buckethead, waiting 20 secsonds worked!

FireOrange

I`ve never been concerned with this series but the game was really interesting. I`m looking forward to the next episode.

Nostradamus

Well that was cool... and short.
It was nice really and I definitely am waiting for a full game in episode 1. I'm sure you're planning on having a plot and puzzles in episode 1 right?  :=
Putting this here on completed games looks a little far fetched, it's more like a demo.
It sure leaves room for high expectations for episode 1, good luck.

DutchMarco

Dang, Don't tell me I'm too late? I tried downloading it from the link you gave, and it resulted in the following link: http://www.turboupload.com/index.php?p=file_error instead of http://www.turboupload.com/download/Yc9L8QMtU9xc/EighthDoctorEpisode0.zip. Is there any chance you'd re-upload the game? Pretty please?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk