The AGS Stickam Room

Started by Haddas, Wed 05/03/2008 17:14:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Dualnames

Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

IndieBoy

Quote from: Calin Elephantsittingonface on Tue 08/02/2011 09:00:55
The only person in favour of the mobs seems to be IndieBoy.. but he's scottish so we dont listen to him anyway.

IndieBoy

The only person in favour of the mobs seems to be IndieBoy.. but he's scottish so we dont listen to him anyway.

Nacho

A One-line post thread kept by just two or three members... You can go on with this, guys (The members going to stickam are allways the same... You could arrange the meetings via PMs) apparently it' s "legal", and nobody else complains... but it' s extremelly unfair for the rest. Shame on you.
Are you guys ready? Let' s roll!

BOYD1981

what is the problem with this thread really?
it's not keeping anything important off of the first page of gen gen (mostly due to the fact there's never anything important in here).
doing it through PM would be a hassle.
i have no objections to it moving to the Popular Threads section but don't see any problem with it remaining here.
just seems like a lot of fuss about nothing  ???

Limey Lizard, Waste Wizard!
01101101011000010110010001100101001000000111100101101111011101010010000001101100011011110110111101101011

Nacho

Exactly... It' s exactly what you say.  A lot of fuss about nothing. The Stickam room is something quite boring (nothing), and seeing it here, at the top of gen gen (too many fuss) everyday is even more boring. Too fuss for nothing.

Nacho

Boyd... maybe my anger is a freudian reaction because you are basically right... Gen gen is not what it used to be, and that might annoy me as well...  :)

Sylvr

I am pleased to introduce the first AGStickam HourGames! Hoorah! Somehow I got roped into 'running' it, but I am cool with that. Entries to follow, I guess from the contestants. It started at 5:15pm, I guess that would be EST. Heck, it's on the :15, people know.

Good Luck!
| Ben304: "Peeing is a beautiful thing, Sylvr" |

Sylvr

You are supposed to rush, you only have an hour.

Edit: Sorry to be different, but I can't run .rar s.

Ghost

http://www.mediafire.com/?o3sdcbohbcp
Here's my entry. Forgive me, AGS Cup, for I have rushed too.

Same game, as zip
http://www.mediafire.com/?tnlz1cs0gmy

IndieBoy

http://www.mediafire.com/?c3jvmmb1fgm

My Ags scripting knowledge is pants. Maybe I should of left more than 20mins to script... Might of got half o what I wanted to do finished. Still I was over the hour by about 10mins so I lose :(

Sylvr

Voting Categories:
Graphics
Representation of chosen AGStickamer
Storyline
Overall

Contestants:
bicilotti
ghost
indieboy

IndieBoy

My votes are:

Graphics: Ghost
Representation of chosen AGStickamer: Ghost
Storyline: Bicilotti
Overall:Bicilotti

bicilotti

Graphics Ghost, the only one of us which managed to get a talk animation for a character (or better, a cookie)
Representation of chosen AGStickamer Indieboy, which portraied two characters (Ghost did a nice job too, but I belive Babar is a bit thinner than that!)
Storyline Ghost: he understood that the power of asia is nothing more than wisdom (and cookies!)
Overall Ghost

Ghost

That was fun indeed- first of all, amazing what my lazy stickam mates came up with in such a short time.
My breakdown:

Graphics
bici goes for it with a clean style that borders on minimalism, but has a nice palette.
indie dashes in with cute girls in primary colours and borderline architecture.
bici gets the vote

Representation of chosen AGStickamer
bici astonishes with cultural insight into Babar's mind.
indie doubly astonishes with cute remarks about sylvr.
indie gets the vote

Storyline
bici crams in what's possible in such a small amount of time, actually creating a small story.
indie goes for a simple punchline.
bici gets the vote

Overall
Both contestants did their best, and both games show signs of sheer creativity, so I make
that a tie. I had trouble recognising the seagulls in bici's game, and indie's game crashed on me, so yeah, they are even.

Quote from: bicilotti on Tue 08/07/2008 23:54:40
Storyline Ghost: he understood that the power of asia is nothing more than wisdom (and cookies!)

Aaaand noodles.

CodeJunkie

Graphics: Ghost
Represenation of chosen AGStickamer: Indie
Storyline: Bici
Overall: Indie

Sylvr

Ooooh I guess I get to vote for anyone! I mean, no one answered me if I could vote or not, sooo I will vote anyway, and if I don't count, that is fine.

Graphics: Ghost, because I love the Asian-ness of the cookie. Brilliant.
Representation of chosen AGStickamer: Uhmmmm I have to be partial to Indie here, because it was of me... and Pilf!
Storyline: Indieboy gets this, because it was based of factualness. It's all true! Except the colour of my house. Atrocious. :P
Overall: Ghost!

LGM

graphic: ghost
rep: indie
storyline: indie
overall: indie
You. Me. Denny's.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk