The Ugly Files, finished!

Started by miguel, Mon 13/01/2003 16:17:52

Previous topic - Next topic

miguel

Here it is, The Ugly Files, but with no sound because the mp3 I used first were a bit large for downloading just a simple game like mine. Anyway, Ill put a sound pack later on my site

Download it from:
      www.freewebs.com/uglyfiles/

m0ds

So far so good! I've had a quick tinker and I like what I've seen so far.

:)
m0ds

Timosity

The game looks good so far, but there is a bug causing the Save/Load function not to work.

I got a fair way into it, saved a few times and they didn't appear when i tried to load.

There is agssave.001 in the folder but it doesn't appear when you try to load a game. That is also after saving about 4 times, there should be 4 files but there is only 1.

I don't know what you have done

Edit:
Spoiler
Ahhhhhhh, that sux, I got to the hotel went upstairs entered the room and it told me I hope you saved your game and I had, and I died and Now I have to start all over again. You need to fix up the save game thing. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
[close]

Dorcan

Yep the prob is that you have compiled your game with AGS v2.53beta 2.
When you want to share a game, compile it with a stable version (v2.52 for the moment)

Oh and I haven't finished it yet because of the same problem than Timosity, but I enjoyed what I have played yet, even if there's some part a bit crude... But well, that's a part of the atmosphere.

MillsJROSS

The webstie isn't working for me.

-MillsJROSS

Neole

I couldnt get out of the first room!

ratracer

I've just started playing it - it feels quite good, especially with funny descriptions for all interactions, but I'll post further comments when I finish it.
Miguel, parabens!!!! Para qd o proximo jogo?

Neole,
Spoiler
Use the hand at the top right corner
[close]

Neole

*Doh* Gotcha!

But, do all detective games need to begin at the detective's office? I'm getting so used to doing the pick up some stuff from desk see file cabinet and read newspaper routine..

miguel

Theres no newspaper on this one, but probably youre right, anyway I think my detective is a diferent kind of detective, he's more... diferent

Quickstrike

No offense, but it's buggy.  Alot of places you can't get out of.
"You know something people,  I'm not black, but there's a whole buncha times I wish I could say 'I'm not white'"-Frank Zappa, "Trouble Every Day"

ratracer

Sometimes you have to double-click I suppose...

But the savegame bug is annoying, and, Miguel,  I think there's also a bug here...

Spoiler
At the town square, when I found Larry Vales wallet and money, the inventory isn't updated...
[close]

Anyway, I like it... Apart for the bugs (if the town square thing is a bug), it's a good first time effort...

miguel

Quote from: Quikstrike89 on Wed 22/01/2003 04:33:18No offense, but it's buggy.  Alot of places you can't get out of.

not taken Quikstrike, but in most of the rooms you have to chose interact then click at the exit part of the screen, the problem is that it displays a message when you cross the cursor over those areas, so you have to left click to erase the message and click again to execute the action. Sorry for that but it is my first game.

miguel

Quote from: ratracer on Wed 22/01/2003 15:22:32Sometimes you have to double-click I suppose...

But the savegame bug is annoying, and, Miguel,  I think there's also a bug here...

Spoiler
At the town square, when I found Larry Vales wallet and money, the inventory isn't updated...
[close]

Anyway, I like it... Apart for the bugs (if the town square thing is a bug), it's a good first time effort...

youre right ratracer, Ill update the game as soon as I can and put some money on the wallet after he gets it. thanks

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk