Dragonfall : Alucard's Quest

Started by Nightfable, Tue 18/03/2008 20:15:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Nightfable

Presenting my very own small game starring, Alucard from Castlevania! *wild applause here*

I'm sick and tired of jumping from one idea to another, I want to concentrate on bettering my programming skills and not pull my hair out in frustration over the graphics. This is basically a Castlevania fan-game with ripped graphics I've taken from the net, a lot of them by the very talented Kikuchi Hideyuki. I've also "borrowed" the Alucard sprites from SotN.

The Story: You are Alucard, son of Dracula, and you have been summoned to the realm of Dragonfall to find out what has happened to the missing Queens. As you dwell deeper into the mystery, you come upon something very dark.

Since the realms of Dragonfall are still partly protected by its holy barrier, Alucard can't rely on his vampire powers to fight this unknown threat.

I know Alucard has no place in an adventure game... but hey, I thought I'd take a shot at it.  :P

graphics 20%
programming 5%
music 80%

Gord10

Looks great! I loved the style.
Games are art!
My horror game, Self

Frodo

I haven't played Castlevania, so I don't know this Alucard, but I like the shots you posted a lot.  Looks kinda gothicy   ;D

I wish you well with this one.   :)

Nine Toes

Oh, hell yes!  I'm in love!

...well, with the game.  Don't think I'm hitting on you. :P
Watch, I just killed this topic...

Nightfable

Thanks for the good feedback! I must be in a Castlevania/vampire type of mood, lol! The game-making process is advancing a lot quicker than I first imagined and it's quite fun.

More updates soon!

Oh, my.... bad Alucard!  ;)

Ghost

Lass, I totally dig that style!

*cough*

I mean, this looks extremely moody, and the rough images and pixel-works will surely mix up for good.

I still dig it.

;D

Fee

rock_chick

I cant wait to play the finished product. It looks like it might be one of the best games made with AGS yet. And for those that might throw up a bunch of examples of other games that are better, remember I did say might!

brokenbutterfly

*wild applause indeed!*  ;D ;D ;D  Go Alucard!

agentbauer

Looks great,  :D
and by the way, I love Castlevania.
Roger Wilco Rules
NEW HOMEPAGE: http://spacequestiv5.pytalhost.at
Space Quest IV.5 Version 3.00 is finally done, check it out:
http://www.bigbluecup.com/yabb/index.php?topic=40735.msg538357;boardseen#new

Dualnames

Looks cool. You made me install some emulators for SNES now.. Glad to see your daughters let their mother do some AGS.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

dirk delshire

Quote from: Dualnames on Fri 21/03/2008 10:52:11
Looks cool. You made me install some emulators for SNES now.. Glad to see your daughters let their mother do some AGS.

Heh, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night from which that version of Alucard comes from is on the PlayStation and Playstation Portable systems.
The Game looks cool though, although I'd really rather play your other one first.  ;D
Also you can first play Alucard on Castlevania III on the NES.   
OMEGA Works Lead Director
Sometimes the art defines the artist but I believe artist defines himself...

Snake

Wow! This looks and sounds like it'll be a good game ;D

I love how the interface looks!

--Snake
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk