Stuck in-game with Sanitarium

Started by , Mon 24/03/2008 01:24:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Killsringman

Sanitarium is infamous for it's random crashes for many people. Luckily for me, I have finally figured out how to play the game without it ever crashing again.

But I still need desperate help with this game regarding the 3 puzzle boards in the Laboratory. I know the puzzle's solution, and I have wrote down "SALVATION" and "KEY GIVES TO" already, but whatever I do, I cannot write down the capital letters on the second puzzle board, which is supposed to spell out "THE YOUTH". The cursor never changes to a hand as it did with the other 2 puzzle boards, and now I am extremely frustrated that I know the solution, and yet I cannot proceed.

What am I supposed to do?

shimbo

Quote from: Killsringman on Mon 24/03/2008 01:24:50
Sanitarium is infamous for it's random crashes for many people. Luckily for me, I have finally figured out how to play the game without it ever crashing again.

But I still need desperate help with this game regarding the 3 puzzle boards in the Laboratory. I know the puzzle's solution, and I have wrote down "SALVATION" and "KEY GIVES TO" already, but whatever I do, I cannot write down the capital letters on the second puzzle board, which is supposed to spell out "THE YOUTH". The cursor never changes to a hand as it did with the other 2 puzzle boards, and now I am extremely frustrated that I know the solution, and yet I cannot proceed.

Its about 5 years ago i played it but i think that correct answer to this riddle is Youth is the key to salvation
I am not sure, but try it. Ignore that you cannot write down more capital letters. That is a HINT for you, too.

shimbo

Quote from: shimbo on Mon 24/03/2008 07:40:13
Quote from: Killsringman on Mon 24/03/2008 01:24:50

Its about 5 years ago i played it but i think that correct answer to this riddle is Youth is the key to salvation
I am not sure, but try it. Ignore that you cannot write down more capital letters. That is a HINT for you, too.
youth hides the key to salvation
Not gives but hides ;) :D

Killsringman

Ah yes, it is indeed hides, and not gives. But still, that was a mistake on my own. In any case, my original problem is still there. Remember, I know the puzzle's solution, and I know how to make a sentence out of it when Max talks to the electronic lock. It is spelled "Youth hides the key to salvation."

But the problem here is that I CANNOT click on any capital letter on the 2nd puzzle board, the hand cursor never shows up. The hand cursor only shows all the way down from all the text, so that you can arrange the capital letters there, but if I cannot pick any letter, then I am stuck forever. "THE YOUTH" puzzle board does not let me pick any letters...the other two puzzle boards did let me do it though.  ???

LUniqueDan

Never get pass through this point for the same reason.
I believe this version need a patch who's obviously unavaible anymore.  :( 

Good luck, I gave up and watched the remaining hours of play on youtube...
"I've... seen things you people wouldn't believe. Destroyed pigeon nests on the roof of the toolshed. I watched dead mice glitter in the dark, near the rain gutter trap.
All those moments... will be lost... in time, like tears... in... rain."

Killsringman

That is really sad to hear, because I wanted to beat this game. I am glad to hear though that another person is stuck on the same point.

I guess I wanna see the rest of the game on youtube as well then, if the patch is no longer available. Strange though, because all the guides I have read on the internet about Sanitarium said that they could pass this puzzle easily. Thanks for answering, now I can uninstall the game soon.  :(

GarageGothic

The patch for the game is indeed still available (here), but it doesn't say anything about fixing the problem you've encountered.

Before uninstalling the game you could try the savegames at http://www.ggmania.com/cheat.php3?cheat=67. Perhaps they'll help you skip past the problem.

Edit: In case those savegames don't work, I discovered that I have three compressed files of savegames for the patched version of Sanitarium (68 saves in total, though some may be identical). They're only about 1.5MB combined, so I can easily upload or email them.

Killsringman

Another excellent reply. And yes, I have installed the Level 2 patch before I started playing this game once again. I will try out those savegames at the site soon, and just to be sure, could you give me your compressed(I suppose that you mean that the files need to be unpacked?) savegames as well? I don't care if it's 68 saves in total, as long as I can find one save which is exactly after these 3 puzzle boards on Chapter 7.

Hopefully I will be able to finally beat this game and see the ending.  :D

GarageGothic

Ok, I uploaded all three rar files. I think you want the second file to get to the lab section.

http://www.mediafire.com/?si3b2lw1tbh
http://www.mediafire.com/?8vjje9hxyb2
http://www.mediafire.com/?dxjtjyjydjm

Good luck!

LUniqueDan

Thanks GarageGothic!   :D
I really appreciate, (I'm going to reinstall everything, It really worth it)
"I've... seen things you people wouldn't believe. Destroyed pigeon nests on the roof of the toolshed. I watched dead mice glitter in the dark, near the rain gutter trap.
All those moments... will be lost... in time, like tears... in... rain."

Killsringman

It seems the save games at that site worked, while your compressed save games did not, because they are from a different Sanitarium version! In any case I have finally played beyond the laboratory for the first time today. I am really thankful that you gave me that link.

This topic can now be closed.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk