Trilby's Notes - help thread

Started by Sam., Mon 26/06/2006 11:04:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Gamer_V

Quote from: Jess on Mon 09/04/2007 18:20:55
okay, i've followed all the directions on the walkthrough, and i've just goteen thematches, but i don't know what it means by "Go to a halway with hotel room door." i've tried looking for a detecro in every room i can get into, in the 2nd room on the second floor, and the 3rd room on the third floor, the bathroom, the door in the hallway to the dining room, the door behind the counter and outside. all the other doors are impossible to get into for me, i've tried unblocking or unlocking all the other doors and i can't. i tried using the lockpicks and pliers on the doors, but nothing.

where am i supposed to light the match to set off the detector? i can't even find a detector or fire doors at all. :'(
Spoiler
You're supposed to do it in a hallway. On the right in one of the hallways is a door, with a fire detector above it. The correct hallway is one where you could enter a hotel room .. but you're not supposed to do that.
[close]

Jess

THANKS SO MUCH!

the reason i didn't see it was because it's not there in the shadow realm!

o.O weird, but eh. thanks though!

TurgoN2

Hi guys,

have a prob.
I couldn't go further in the game, so i used the walkthrough posted here.
I got the head from the professor and the walkthrough says now: "(LEFT LEG) Go to the reception and GET LEG from desk." the problem is, Trilby doesn't get it and says "I doubted i could have taken that with me." Can someone tell me what to do?
thanks

Jamie

Hi Guys,

I'm currently playing Trilby's Notes, an awsome game so far, however I am stuck in the gallery with Abed Chahal.  I do not know what to do or what to say and how to say it.  Please help.  Thanks

Beetle B.

I need to get the head from Abed. However, when I go to the cellar and type "Get wine" or "Take wine" (or bottle), it won't let me.

Khris

Abed needs to ask for the wine first; talk to him about a drink or wine, don't remember the exact words.

Beetle B.

Beetle B.

Never mind - got it to work.

Substandard

Quote from: TurgoN2 on Fri 13/04/2007 15:08:28
Hi guys,

have a prob.
I got the head from the professor and the walkthrough says now: "(LEFT LEG) Go to the reception and GET LEG from desk." the problem is, Trilby doesn't get it and says "I doubted i could have taken that with me." Can someone tell me what to do?
thanks

hey... i got the same problem... i went asking around in many forums... need help here please!

paolo

Have you tried
Spoiler
"take leg"
[close]
?

CaptNKILL

For anyone having problems with the last scene:

I think its a bug with the timing of the level. The important messages that Trilby says only come up after a certain amount of time, and the timer seems to start when you load the level, even if the scene was half way through.

The only way I could finish the level was to say the proper word (you'll know what it is) after sitting through the entire scene and waiting for Trilby to say he was ready.

If you don't get it the first time, remember, do NOT restore a saved game from the middle of this scene, it will not work right. Load a save from before it starts and it should work fine.

I'm going to report this bug to Yahtzee. Its really the only explanation for why the scene doesn't work half the time.

Requiem

Quote from: Substandard on Wed 10/10/2007 11:40:24
Quote from: TurgoN2 on Fri 13/04/2007 15:08:28
Hi guys,

have a prob.
thanks

The reason you can't take the leg is 'cause you're in the shadow realm ^.^ It confused the hell out of me too, but then I randomly switched back, and all the limbs are in the real world, for some bizzarre reason. Enjoy the game anywho, I just finished it, I wish I'd discovered this walkthrough before I got right to the end, would've made it a heck of a lot easier -.-

hey... i got the same problem... i went asking around in many forums... need help here please!

Heartbreakid

Spoiler
im stuck on the very last part when i type in die it says no
[close]
Tristian

Lionmonkey

Quote from: Heartbreakid on Sun 28/10/2007 14:48:44
Spoiler
I'm stuck on the very last part when i type in die it says no
[close]
Here's a hint:
Spoiler
Trilby says "No, I'm not ready yet"
[close]

If it didn't help, read this:
Spoiler
You need to die after the Tall Guy materialises, when he starts aproaching you.
[close]

Nadia

For the last scene,

Spoiler
MOVE several times and Trilby will say different things as he degenerates, the right moment to DIE is when he says his vision clouds and only will to live is left. Logically, you cannot die in any moments just your mind  wishes.
[close]

jdash

Quote from: Adamski on Mon 26/06/2006 12:08:07
I believe zooty should
Spoiler
Take one of the pills
[close]

As for myself I'm a little further on...
Spoiler
I've seen the painting cutscene, opened the safe, and used the crowbar on the door to the exhibition room in the alternate hotel. Now not much seems to be happening and I've probably missed something!
[close]

Try this:
Spoiler
When the scene is creepy, go to dining hall then take pills then open the door
[close]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk