Purgatorio

Started by TassieDevil, Wed 27/06/2007 00:35:06

Previous topic - Next topic

mr.me

Quote from: sholson on Sat 30/06/2007 05:14:31
Thank-you for the game.  Am so stuck in his bedroom looking for journal.  Need some help here.

Hint 1:
Spoiler
Look for some sort of cord
[close]

Solution 1:
Spoiler
There is a cord on the top middle of the floor
[close]

Hint 2:
Spoiler
Use the cord somewhere in this room
[close]

Solution 2:
Spoiler
On the bottom of the right wall there is a place to plug the cord into
[close]

Hint 3:
Spoiler
You should now notice something new in the room
[close]

Solution 3:
Spoiler
There is a black light that is now on, so turn the lights off.
[close]

Nostradamus

what do I do now?

Spoiler
I got out of the place I got kidnapped to, with the kidney in inventory. I've been everywhere in the game world and talked with the bartender girl. It seems like there
isn't anything else to do as everything is closed. What do I do next?
[close]

Note: I'm not interested in vague hints or any kind of hints, the way they have been given in this thread. Just simply give me the exact next thing I need to do clearly, not a hint.

NoNote

For Nostrodamus

Spoiler
You need to check the cell next to the one you were in. There's something there that will open up new talk with the woman bartender.
[close]

Was that too vague?  :o  :D

Nikolas

I have to admit that somehow, I feel a bit weird about the one puzzles that seemed harder. I mean that the creator obviously spent quite some time in that puzzle, only to get it "canceled" in 1 day or so... Bluntly like that! I don't know how I would feel, having spent quite some time coming up with a puzzle with someone telling the solution after 1 single day. It is like telling a joke and someone getting the the punch line, but not you. Or telling a riddle with the answer along the way...

Yes other people don't feel confident with that kind of puzzle, but the option of the e-mail was always there, and it was apparent that he didn't want to give away the answer just like that!

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

People who *want* to solve the puzzle won't come to the Hints and Tips board, and won't highlight the spoiler. The e-mail option is just silly. Would you e-mail Sierra/Vivendi or LucasArts or Infogrames for hints?
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

Nostradamus

NoNote, YES, that is too vague. I asked for a straight answer, not to be told that I need to find "something". I didn't find anything in that cell. Must be the darkness.
So please tell me the exact thing that needs to be found and maybe where it can be found in the cell.

See I like to explore and try things and use my brain to solve puzzles. But when I get stuck I want to get a straight up solution for the next step and then I can resume normal play.

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Nostradamus, I really think we understand each other.

Spoiler
In the next cell, there's a glint of something bright in the pile of clothes at the middle of the screen. I'm not sure whether the glint is always there, or whether it's scripted/triggered. At any rate, keep your eyes there, you'll see it. What you'll find should clue you of your next move.
[close]

If you truly want to know what it is,

Spoiler
it's a lighter.
[close]

...and where to use it,

Spoiler
Show it to the girl at the Jack of Blades.
[close]

EDIT - Cranking up your gamma setting might help. It helped me, but then, my monitor is notoriously dark.
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

Nostradamus

Thanks Rui that's the kind of answer I was looking for.
As you said we do see eye to eye. You know how they say - "great minds think alike"  :=

sholson

Can't seem to trigger hotspots in his bedroom.  Neither the cord or the outlet.

NoNote

All the user icons are like a wide arrow pointing upwards i memory serves. Use the tip of the arrow to click something.

I'm just a ghost...

Can anyone help? I talked to the bartender girl. I have no items. I don't know what I should do. I walked all around town, can't find anything.

ghost

Spoiler
Have you been kidnapped yet? If not. you need to look at the poster on the wall where you started the game. Then talk to the man in the bar. Then walk down the alleyway across the street. You then need to look around that area--after you escape--to find an item to give to the bartender.
[close]

Akatosh

Quote from: Johanas on Fri 29/06/2007 19:16:58
Thanks for all the feedback, I'll keep it in mind for future games. Also a friend asked me what the hell the records in the box said. I know it should be in the game but if you want you can get the records here (500kb).

"Sorry, this file is no longer available. It may have been deleted by the uploader, or has expired."  :-(

That was an interesting game to play, by the way.

eggplant

I solved the keypad puzzle on my own without asking the girl or finding the answer here. All you need to do there is examine the verses until you get a good clue and then examine all the buttons. It certainly wasn't an easy puzzle and I must say I'm proud of myself right now as I usually ain't that good at point'n'click adventure games. The rest of the game was child's play. It was a bit too short in my opinion, but a really good game, nice work.
Never be bought, never be sold.

Johanas

Just to say, if you're looking for this game, I've moved it to the Short Games category. It really was more of an excercise in interesting artistic style and music than a lengthy game. Thanks for playing.

rondo

can i get a walkthrough for this game???

Leon

Quote from: rondo on Sat 29/03/2008 08:42:14
can i get a walkthrough for this game???
Did anyone say walkthrough?   ;D
There is one now here.
Ultimate Game Solutions - Because there is a solution for everything

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk