Saving setting on Firefox. I need some help.

Started by Fleshstalker, Sun 30/03/2008 17:08:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Fleshstalker

I can't seem to save my settings when I change them. I want to put a site as my homepage and increase the text permenately. Every time I open a new window, I just get a plain white page. Is there something am not doing right to save it? ???

Nostradamus

Home Page:
Tools --> Options --> Main --> Startup --> Home Page

Font size:
Tools --> Options --> Content --> Fonts & Colors --> Size

Click OK and you're done.

Fleshstalker

I do that, but it won't save those setting when I open a new window.

Baron

I change my homepage using Windows.  Start -> Control Panel -> Internet Options.  That might override the native Firefox settings if it's your default browser (not sure about that though).  Anyway, works for me.

Nostradamus

Flashstalker you need to close your browser completely (including downloads window if open) for changes to work. After you do that and do a complete restart it should work. Does the setting remain as you defined after that?
If not you might need to check if you haven't made the firefox folder Read Only (very unlikely but worth checking) and if not I'd just uninstall Firefox and reinstall again cos there shouldn't be any problems saving settings.

BaRoN - Internet Options in Control Panel is for Explorer ONLY, it won't change settings on Firefox or any other browsers than IE.

Fleshstalker

Quote from: Nostradamus on Mon 31/03/2008 10:41:48
Flashstalker you need to close your browser completely (including downloads window if open) for changes to work. After you do that and do a complete restart it should work. Does the setting remain as you defined after that?
If not you might need to check if you haven't made the firefox folder Read Only (very unlikely but worth checking) and if not I'd just uninstall Firefox and reinstall again cos there shouldn't be any problems saving settings.

AH THANK YOU! That was the problem. I wasn't closing my other windows.  ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk