The Dwarven Dagger Of Blitz-version1.6 - download

Started by miguel, Thu 03/04/2008 09:41:52

Previous topic - Next topic

miguel

The Dwarven Dagger Of Blitz is a game released in 4 chapters.

Download here:  http://www.mediafire.com/?ba9y2copjob
Castle Krigson is the first chapter. It's a short game and Ugly Files (me) first real atempt at producing something that's capable to be shown at this forums.
I hope you have a good time playing it!
This is V1.3- it went for some testing and should be fully playable. Special thanks to Vince Twelve for some clever hints and some testing. If the game is well acepted a final version will be released soon.
Thanks again.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
05-04-08- Update: well the final version (1.4) is there for downloading. Leon had a epic task helping me with typos and bugs so credits for him!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
06-04-08- Update: version 1.5 is avaiable, maybe the final one!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
07-04-08- Update: v1.6 ready, final one?
Working on a RON game!!!!!

Buckethead

Good job on finishing this! I will have a look at it now.  :)

SSH

Dualnames

Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Leon

Congratulations!
Looking good. I'll let you know my findings...

update: So far a lot of typo's. I'll send you a list separate from this thread.
Ultimate Game Solutions - Because there is a solution for everything

Zargblast

This is rather an impressive game, featuring attractive backgrounds and music, but unfortunately marred by three factors.

Firstly, there are innumerable spelling mistakes, many of which should have been spotted by a decent beta-tester.

Next, some of the conversational text is made almost illegible by utilising a blue font against a blue background.

Finally, there's a lack of logical coherence. It isn't exactly clear to me, as a player, what I am supposed to be doing other than acquiring the fabled dagger.

Zargblast

Here are a couple of other points.

Outside the castle (which is spelt 'Kriegson' or 'Krigson' in various places!) there's a rock. Moving the cursor over this identifies it as 'Hotspot 5' and clicking on it produces the cryptic response 'gi23 - %'.

Also Trevor asserts that the animal found in the sewer pipe is a rat, but the inventory claims it is a mouse.

Sorry to be picky, but this game would really benefit from more thorough beta-testing before being posted here.

Leon

Indeed I have the idea that there wasn't any beta-testing. Otherwise these errors would have been found. Or does the author think this publication is a beta-test, stating that
Quote from: authorIf the game is well acepted a final version will be released soon.
(typo' there again... ;-) )

Quote from: Zargblast on Thu 03/04/2008 16:32:10
It isn't exactly clear to me, as a player, what I am supposed to be doing other than acquiring the fabled dagger.

Isn't that enough to start with?  :D

miguel

Thanks for the kind words guys. This game version was released to see if there were any major bugs and after 40 downloads I have not received any.
There are many typos because my first language isn't english.
Some very kind people offered their help and so the final release will be typos-free. This people have a life and jobs and family, and so their time isn't focused on my game.
I still hope you have a good time playing this short little game.
:)

Vince Twelve

Sorry, Miguel, I'm still going through this document correcting the typos.  I didn't know you were planning on releasing so soon.  I'll send it to you as soon as I'm done!   ;D

Leon

I've played through the game and wrote the corrections down in a file. It resulted in 154 corrections. All textual, no major bugs (apart from the hard to read texts from the maid and grumpy). I just did corrections, no proofreading.

The file is in your mailbox.

Nice story, although the end was quite unexpected. Nice music, can't listen to Elton John anymore ...  ;D

On to the next three.

miguel

Leon: I can never thank you enough!
Vince Twelve: Don't worry and it's my fault I released the game so soon!
Now I can have the final version ready by tomorrow and add it to the game main page!

Vince Twelve

Oh, well, if Leon already finished... I guess you don't need me any more!  ;D  I'll still give the game a go through and let you know if I find any more bugs.

Leon

Please do... I only made corrections on as many actions as I could but I'm sure I missed one or two...
With both corrections you should be able to cover the complete game.

TwinMoon

Well, I'm very impressed. Just downloaded v1.3 and this better than I expected from a company called Ugly Files!
Haven't played a lot, but I can't wait to visit the town of 'AGS engine'. And to see whether the main character indeed goes about in nothing but pink underpants!

(btw, the intro music is from A Link to the Past. I don't think Nintendo cares enough to actually sue you, but it might not be too good an idea to swipe music from such a wellknown game.)

miguel

Version 1.4, the Final one, is about to be released in 15 minutes.
Hope you like the game TwinMoon, but the pink underpants will only enter around chapter 3 :)
About the music in the game: it's all ripped.
I don't think they (Nintendo) care about a midi file that is avaiable on the internet for free. If the game was for sale they might do something. I intend to release more games with copyrighted music, I believe I'm doing them a favour!
Elton John sent me a email a minute ago and said he didn't mind! ;D

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Now this is cool.

Quote« Reply #15 on: Today at 21:14 »

QuoteVersion 1.4, the Final one, is about to be released in 15 minutes.

Quote« Last Edit: Today at 23:14 by miguel »

Top of page:
QuoteThe Dwarven Dagger Of Blitz - Version 1.3 ready for download!!!

Can't help but notice these little things!

Ah, deixa estar, estou no gozo. Tenho de admitir que algumas das coisas que foram aqui ditas me deixam de pé atrás, especialmente as fontes difíceis de ler - é das coisas que mais odeio num jogo. Mas enfim, aguardo a versão 1.4, e é sempre óptimo ver produções portuguesas!

(trans)
Ah, nevermind, I'm joshing you. I must admit some of the comments here make me wary of this game, especially the hard-to-read fonts, which ranks about #4 in my top-ten "things to hate in games". But ah well, I'm waiting for v1.4, and it's always great to see Luso-productions!
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

Zargblast

I've just downloaded the 'final version'.

I guess I just might have been too optimistic in hoping that the game was now clear of the majority of spelling and grammatical errors. Sorry to say, but I gave up after the first two scenes as the number of remaining errors still operates as a deterrent against further exploration, and that awful blue font against blue background (in the conversation with the brigands) is still present.

Leon

I haven't seen the updated version yet so... maybe some things were left out. I'll have a look.

Update:

Quite a number of errors indeed. The causes:
1: a few dialogs have been rewritten/changed ... including new errors.
2: a number of changes pointed out by me weren't corrected
3: I missed a few (yes, there were that many .. )

I'll see if I can have a new go at it and find the errors. But if you find any, don't hesitate to pm me. I'm only human, you know ...  :)

miguel

Zargblister: I'm very sorry that the game has that many errors and you didn't play it.
I will correct it and release a new version as soon as possible.
Thanks for your help and support since I've released the first version.
If you ever get past the intro, please report some more bugs, ok?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk