Resonance

Started by Vince Twelve, Fri 04/04/2008 13:12:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Vince Twelve

Hey, just a quick note to say... Dave submitted Resonance to Steam yesterday, and within one day, they accepted!  No deliberations needed, baby!  Excited!

Also:

"XII and Wadjet Eye have a real gem here."
-Destructoid

"a smart, atmospheric sci-fi thriller"
-Mother Frickin' Forbes

Dave Gilbert

It took two months to prepare my Steam pitch and they accept it with one sentence. Almost a letdown. Almost.

Dualnames

They probably bothered playing the game first. Which if true, understands the one sentence response. Having played some of Resonance, here's a p-review of it:

http://ags-ssh.blogspot.com/2012/05/resonance-preview-mindblown.html

And my catchphrase:
"You have to be a fool to overlook Resonance. And a complete and total one at that."
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Dammit, stop playing games without buying them.

I WANT MY MONEY!  :=

cianty

Ha ha. Well, you'll get mine as soon as I can get rid of it in exchange for this game. :)
ca. 70% completed

fózi

Resonance is the kind and style of game I've been wanting to play for ages! I love the attention to detail it has and am looking forward to playing it.

But I don't think the guys at Steam test the games, otherwise I wonder how "Revelations 2012" passed the quality tests. There is even a typo in the first few seconds of the official trailer.  (laugh) (laugh)

Dave Gilbert

The official press release is going out in a few hours, but the pre-order is now live! So click over here if you want to snag it early.

selmiak

Will you be shipping to germany too?
And how much will the shipping cost?

Dave Gilbert

As it says on the site: "Includes worldwide shipping." So, we'll definitely be shipping to Germany, and the cost will be nothing. :)

an Urpney

Great news about GOG parthership. PreOrder placed : )
Love the Fringe feel of this game. Or that's just my impression.
Born to the sound of marching feet,
Trained as a military elite.
Each of us drilled and singled out to be,
An Urpney.

Vince Twelve

Finally got around updating the first post with the preorder link and trailer.  Holy crap you guys, it's almost out!  If all goes according to plan, the game should be gold by the end of this week!

Quote from: an Urpney on Sat 19/05/2012 00:02:30
Love the Fringe feel of this game. Or that's just my impression.

Definitely a Fringe vibe to the game!  Thanks!

Sslaxx

Quote from: Vince Twelve on Tue 22/05/2012 15:22:44
Finally got around updating the first post with the preorder link and trailer.  Holy crap you guys, it's almost out!  If all goes according to plan, the game should be gold by the end of this week!
Looking forward to getting my boxed copy of this!
Stuart "Sslaxx" Moore.

selmiak

an Urpney

Is it the same as that little nice prewiev from GOG?
An Urpney.

Dave Gilbert

Yep. There are a few extra details (like an upsell screen that takes you to the WEG site) but it's the same content.

an Urpney

Well, I know how to get to WEG webpagw pretty well : )
Thanks!
An Urpney.

Khris

SIMPLY AMAZING.

I don't even want to know how much hairpulling went into the interface; each time I thought "wow, what a cool feature", a new one hit me over the head.
The save/load GUI, the smartphone OS, everything is perfect. Outstanding work!

I haven't finished the demo yet, I'm stuck at
Spoiler
connecting the pins with the wire,
[close]
another really cool piece of "code art" ;-D

Download this now!

Dave Gilbert

My advice regarding the pins and wire:

Spoiler
Ignore it. :) This is a totally optional puzzle and the hardest one in the game. There's another way past the door. Focus your efforts on the boulder outside the building.
[close]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk