Animation Competition: Fight! Fight! Fight! (WINNERS ANNOUNCED) [April 20-May 1]

Started by The Awesome, Sun 20/04/2008 12:56:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Buckethead

I'm surprised no one thought of doing something with South park. I kinda expected it with a name like Kyle and Kenny.  :P

miguel

Thanks TheAwesome,
if I knew RyanTymothy was doing such a long and beautiful animation I would put down some more frames as well just to keep the gratuitous violence a bit longer :)
Well, congratulations to Ryan and Questionable (nice choice of  "air" color ;))
Working on a RON game!!!!!

Ryan Timothy B

Thanks Awesome, and everyone!

I'm surprised no one made fun of my 1 frame walk cycle; cut and paste as they hop up and down.  :P

It was worth the many hours spent on making it.  I'd have to say my favorite part of my animation was when Kenny got punched into the inside of car, and he exits the passenger door.  And I also loved my unexpected ending *crunch*.

I guess this means I have to make the next challenge? hmmm

The Awesome

Keep waiting for the trophies peoples, my computer has decided it hates me and won't let me in. I should have t fixed soon!

Questionable

Good job Ryan!

Miguel: I'm in the same boat, he he he.

Buckethead: Huh, didn't even realize the names. Nice spot!
All my trophies have disappeared... FINALLY! I'm free!

The Awesome

Behold, for I have (finally) produced THESE!!

Sorry for the wait.
And well done Buckethead, I had just finished watching an episode of South Park before I started the comp, so that's wherre names came from.

EDIT: O.K, before you take the trophies, can anyone tell me how to remove the f**king black background from them? I've used three different programs now to no avail.

Gilbert

One free choice is to use the GIMP, add an alpha channel to the image, select the black colour with magicwand (with fuzziness set to 0) and delete it. There should be many other smaller alternatives for this, but that's just one way I often do as I have the GIMP installed.

SSH

When Irfanview saves as PNG or GIF, it asks you to select the transparent colour...

Gilbert

I use IrfanView to batch convert images a lot, but I seldom use it to operate on 8-bit images, as it most probably would mess things up. Also, the recent 4.10 is so buggy in manual cropping and zooming, I may downgrade it but I'm just too lazy to. :P

The Awesome

I have been making the black part transparent, and it shows it as transparent when I view it in other programs, but for some reason it goes all black when I upload it. Arrggh!! I'll keep trying anyway.

SSH

I copied the image out of Firefox, pasted it into Irfanview 3.98, saved as gif with transparent colour selected on save, uploaded via Filezilla.

The Awesome

BRILLIANT!

Thank you SSH! Saves me the trouble. I think I have the solution now, but that was helpful. Can I have a link to this Irfanview doohickey?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk