Coloring Ball. "Unconventional Logic" [Apr. 19 - May 3](winners)

Started by EdLoen, Sat 19/04/2008 16:37:44

Previous topic - Next topic

EdLoen

Since the early ages of aventure games, various puzzels have used innumerous things that are completely logical in its own enviroment (like say a monkey) and  have the player use that item in an unconventional way (said monkey as a wrench).

The task I bring unto you is to use the following outline and create an item that has some form of logic (including any personal twisted logic you may have) behind it, yet  has some kind of unconventional use.  The item can be some convoluted solution to a wacked-out puzzle in a game, or just an item for everyday life that's a little more than ordinary (spatula MP3 player anyway? lol).

Here's the outline:

And here's the rules:

- no color limit
- the image can be resized, but no larger then 420 pixels in either dimention
- The image can be rotated and flipped as you deem fit
- The outine can be modified as long as the original outline can still be ascertained from your modification
-  Imaginitive entries will score bonuses

---

There you go.  Hope it's a good topic, and I hope the ouline is just ambiguous enough to have many different creative ideas flow in.  I'll do up some trophies when I have the time.

()

miguel

"Now that I've passed the guards at the airport and I'm safe, I can swallow this kitty and try to trow up the cocaine balls I have in my stomach!"

Working on a RON game!!!!!

Twirlly

It's an elf shoe picked up at the North Pole while playing Save Christmas. The bell on the slipper is used to wake up the reindeer after they fall asleep from eating all of Santa's cookies.

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!

EdLoen

Nice entries you two.  and very unconventional thinking on both accounts :)

I hope I get more entries soo.  I was even contemplating chainging the outine, but now that there's entries I can't do that lol

Ghost

Ingenious entry, Miguel- now I want the game that uses it!

[*space reserved*]

miguel

Hehehehe ;D
Why not? The hero is a drug courrier, and black with afro hair, and doesn't mind killing cats!
Possible, very possible...

Edit: I ran to see you post because I thought you had some work posted! C'mon, you got to beat my afro guy!
Right, now I saw the *space reserved* thing, I'm waiting...

EdLoen

yay, a soon to be entry!  =D

Also, I have the trophies done up finally too.

Questionable

When you say that the image can be no larger than 420x420, does that mean the ENTIRE image, or just the shape?
All my trophies have disappeared... FINALLY! I'm free!

EdLoen

The shape, or the image. either/or but no larger.  and I put 420pxl in either dimention to imply that you can stretch and/or squash it to fit your needs too--as long as it's still reconizible.  But I guess I should have stated that too.

Questionable

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

I totally don't get that one - not what it is, not what it represents, not even the original outline...
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

Questionable

I set out with the goal of trying to push the rules a little bit. Instead of outlining the shape I made the outline from negative space. The picture is of a girl kissing the grave of someone, after she's laid some flowers on the grave. I threw a sun into the background and played around with "sun beams," only for my personal experimentation.

EdLoen

I got pretty busy the last few days I'm really sorry for being late on this. 

But My verdits and winners:

But first ,before that, I'd really have to say that first place was a really tough decision.  both piece in cosideration featured a regular item use in a quite ilogical way but in the end only one truly defined what I was looking for.

1st goes to Twirlly.  I decided to go with the shoe cause it most conveys my intentions with this contest. A conventional item that is to be used, or has a function that is used in a quite unconventional way, but still has some logic behind it.  I know that It would have driven me to a walkthrough before the day was done.

2nd goes to miguel.  I do have to certainly say that that is very convoluted logic right there.  And I have to admit, one would probably have to be on crack in order to think that would work lol. Wich would probably ring true with the character.  And the little details with the veins in the eyes are a nice touch.

Ok, now before I move on I just have to say that I am still this close *brings fingers together but not quite touching* to calling a tie betweein miguel and twirly; but alas, moving on.

3rd  goes to Questionable.  First I do have to say that this is a wonderful piece; however, It's more of a regular portrait than an item.  I will commend you for using the outside of the outline, I would have never thought to do that.  Though to also comment on one of the later things you said about it, I do have to disagree.  The shape's not completly negative space.  The bouquet is proof enough of that.  Negative space is the lack of anything there.  I have studied art, I just needed to point it out.  But dont thing that's why it didnt score higher, it just didn't feature the topic at hand.

miguel

Thanks Edloen, I'll get that gold trophy some day! :)
Congratulations Twirly and Questionable, great stuff there!

Twirlly

Wow thanks :D, I never thought I'd be winning this type of comp... Well, I guess now I have to create something for the next one.
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk