The X-Files: Trailer Leaked

Started by Stupot, Mon 21/04/2008 17:32:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Stupot

Who else is looking forward to this movie?  I know I am?

IMDB reckon it's going to be called The X-Files: I Want to Believe, but Fox still claim it hasn't got a title yet.

Quote from: 20th Century FoxIn grand "X-Files" manner, the as yet untitled film's storyline is being kept under wraps. This much can be revealed:  It is a stand-alone story in the tradition of some of the show's most acclaimed and beloved episodes, and takes the complicated relationship between Fox Mulder (Duchovny) and Dana Scully (Anderson) in unexpected directions.  Mulder continues his unshakable quest for the truth, and Scully, the passionate, ferociously intelligent physician, remains inextricably tied to Mulder's pursuits.

Nothing really new there, but still... it's a sign that we're close.

And here is the trailer...

Release date is July 25th, but I happen to know that it's August 1st in the UK, which is one week after The Dark Knight is released... bad move by Fox, methinks...

riseryn

A lot of movies this july Xfiles, Dead like me, Stargate  :)

Im waiting for all :)

[Cameron]

I'm so geeking out right now! I absolutely love the X Files... unfortunately no B team of Doggett and Reyes. Even though they weren't as great as great as Mulder and Scully, I still think they are an important part of the X Files mythos.
Needless to say, even if this film sucks it'll hold a special place in my heart.

Not that it'll suck.

Edit:
One thing, I do miss Krychek, he got a crappy ending. Should have been a much grander send off.

Stupot

Quote from: [Cameron] on Mon 21/04/2008 19:30:57
One thing, I do miss Krychek, he got a crappy ending. Should have been a much grander send off.

Which one... He must've 'died' about 4 times, hehe

m0ds

Fuck yeah!!! Mulder AND Scully :D For a moment there I thought it was going to star some bullshit agents from the later series...ROCK ON :) I'll be keeping my eye on this

passer-by

Quote from: Mods on Mon 21/04/2008 21:23:49
Fuck yeah!!! Mulder AND Scully :D For a moment there I thought it was going to star some bullshit agents from the later series...ROCK ON :) I'll be keeping my eye on this

I liked that sceptic one who worked with Scully when Mulder was thought to be dead (season 8? ). Sceptic, but up to the tasks the cases demanded.

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

I've been severely out of touch with the X-Files ever since "Fight the Future"... does anyone know where in the series this is situated?

Ok, let me put it another way - I haven't seen the "new" series *at all*, never saw the new agents. Does anyone figure I, and people like me, are likely to get and enjoy the movie?
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Well Rui, since Duchovny pushed personally for this movie to be made you'll probably like it, since it really glosses over (and some people say ignores) seasons 5 up.  Which really, really is a good thing since the Mulder's missing seasons were massively Jumping the Shark.

LimpingFish

The only episodes of the X-Files I ever enjoyed were self-contained single episodes. All that Area 51, Smoking Man, "B-B-Black OOZE!", dudes with their eyelids sewn shut, etc, shenanigans got on my nerves.

Probably similar reasons exist for why I don't particularly like Lost, Heroes, 24, Unnecessarily Vague and Faux-Complex TV Show No. 10011, etc...

ETC!
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

Emerald

I agree with Limpy.

Although I have to say that Heroes was manageable, seeing as how there were so many characters to get through it moved at a snail's pace. Which means you could miss a few episodes and come back to find all of the characters had barely moved an inch - some even forgotten about - and any important details are summed up in the opening sequence.

X-Files wasn't like that, though. Miss one or two episodes in a row and you're left going "who's that?", "where did he come from?", "how did that end up happening?" for the rest of the season...

Obi

Man I love the X-Files, at one time I was obsessed with it. I wasn't too sure with the first Theatrical version of the X-Files but I'm very much looking forward to seeing this.

Stupot

Quote from: Mods on Mon 21/04/2008 21:23:49
Quote from: passer-by on Mon 21/04/2008 21:28:02
I liked that sceptic one who worked with Scully when Mulder was thought to be dead (season 8? ). Sceptic, but up to the tasks the cases demanded.

John Doggett was cool.  I love Robert Patrick... he was also the voice of Boston Low in 'The Dig'.

By the sounds of it, most of you will be glad to know that this movie takes the form of a monster-of-the-week style episode, as opposed to being alien-conspiracy-mythology based.  Which means it wil be accessible to fans of the show and newcomers alike.

I really hope it does well... I'll be really rooting for it.  I'm kind of hoping it will become a kind of movie franchise like James Bond... a different story every two or three years... might work...

Fleshstalker

Quote from: Stupot on Tue 22/04/2008 02:20:05
John Doggett was cool.  I love Robert Patrick... he was also the voice of Boston Low in 'The Dig'.

He was also the one who played as the T2 in Terminator 2. Man... I cannot wait for this flick. Believe it or not, Fight The Future was the last movie I paid full price to see when it released the first day. Looks like I'll be heading back again! ;D

InCreator

For me, X-files started to suck soon after first season.
The movie was still excellent though

Stupot

For me, the first three seasons were all pure gold... 4 and 5 were silver and the rest were bronze (with flecks of silver and gold in there every once in a while).

m0ds

If it really is more of a "one off" than tying up all the strange mystery men, area 51 and bee stuff then thats great!!! its funny how a show like x files makes me care about the relationship more between the main characters (mulder and scully) simply cos they barely go into it far more than a show which is based entirely on peoples feelings towards each other (lost, shameless etc). Anyway looking forward to this...its an exciting year for movies, cos they don't all look like half arsed remakes or CGI fests....sweeet

No TerranRich round up this year it seems :p

InCreator

Coming back to the topic, I hope you won't mind this...

First full movie was really-really good. It captured fully that X-fileish mystery atmosphere and power of the dark ones, like the scene where "accident" was and HEAVY trucks came with bio-suited men and sealed everything off quickly. It was so powerful. What I didn't like that much was ending scene where alien ship (?) raised from ice and Scully SO did not notice it. She could, and later argue with her typical "this must have a reasonable scientific explanation"-kind of crap or something. But no. What a letdown. Wonder why she still investigates if she manages to miss all the evidence? Especially if evidence flies above her head, covering the skies?

I lost interest and track of episodes near the end of season 2. Running on weekly basis, I skipped many episodes and didn't catch up much later. Also, it SO irritates me when one man holds all the answers and the duo simply suffers through hell and beyond in mystery. Same thing with "Lost", though there's some bright moments.

I always feel like if I was Mulder, I would tail the smoking man and beat some answers out of him Jack-Bauer style. Maybe that's why I'm more 24-person: answers come quickly and twists too, to still keep things interesting.

I hope they make second movie as good as first was, and a bit better. Hanging on episodes wouldn't do this movie much good, but as I read, this won't be the case.
Yay!

I just remembered I have some season 3 episodes on my HD, from the time I decided to fill myself in and forgot all about them. Feels like watching time!

Fee

X-Files was quiet good for about the first 3 seasons.
Then it got bad and I quit watching.

Ill check this out tho :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk