Dread Mac Farlane (english translation available !)

Started by Marion, Tue 29/04/2008 07:47:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Marion

Hi !

I have just finished my last game. For the first time since I make games with AGS, I have drawn everything myself... hard work !

Here is the game : it's the adaptation of my french comic book (5 published books) called "Dread Mac Farlane", the story of a young girl from the XVIIth century Caribbean who grows up in Neverland with Peter Pan and the Lost Boys, who wants to become pirate like her father she never knew.

It's, of course, a point&click adventure made with AGS. I'm sorry but there's no english translation yet. I hope you will enjoy it anyway.

Left click to look at, right click to use/take/talk. Move the mouse cursor at the top of the screen to see the inventory box and the save/restore/quit menu.

Click here to download the game ! Zip file, 62 Mo

Mr.T

Gorgeous graphics! Downloading  ;D

Captain Lexington

Looks great! A game with writing worthy of publication in another medium sounds pretty bloody promising.

Anyway, downloading now and playing soon.

EDIT: Following the rules is good, particularly when you aren't sure if you're breaking a rule or not.

EDIT2: "With a writing"? I think not.

Marion

I'll add it in the AGS games page soon.

Zufub

<cry> Looks great and a story is nice... Here in Poland are not many comic-books, and that already exist, are in half stupid or... just for kids without deeper story... nevermind.Why I'm cry? Cause there is no english or polish translation :P And France language is just black magic for me. But if you will make an English version, please send me a private message. Ah... and title - if you painted it ALONE... Congratulations! Not only title of course... the graphic is so... fantastic? I think it is good word for you hard work. Oh sorry, I found the minus for graphic in this game: there is no shadding! Only a bit.... You need to work more about shadding, but current shadding is OK... And something to sea from the ship: OMG horizontal line is black!? Pleeeeaaase! This color in horizontal line is bad move!
If you like any game makers, writ in your browser those tags:
RPG maker
Game Maker
Adventure Maker
Of course there are many more programmes to making games, but i prefer them + AGS ;) First is to making RPG games, next to ANY games and last is able to make Adventure Games (many is type: Escape the Room).

ZuFub ;

miguel

Amazing graphics! Downloading now. I'll Edit this post to tell you what I think.
Congratulations :)

Edit: Played the playable intro ( nice way to get into the mood ) and started chapter 1.
        So far it looks and feels great, really, it feels LUCASARTS all the way.
        I'll edit more when I finish it.
        Ah, I like the interface, it's simple and efective.
Working on a RON game!!!!!

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Wow, what a far cry from the somewhat-insipid James in Neverland!

Great graphics, a very interesting and original introduction, I'm not very far along but I am LOVING it. Congratulations! This is MUCH more interesting, and much BETTER, than your previous attempt, I am amazed at the sudden rise in quality!

Word of warning, though - if you DO translate it to English, please get a proof-reader. JiN was plagued by bad english, and if that were to happen to this game, it'd diminish it, and this one doesn't deserve diminishing.

EDIT - One important issue - in normal gameplay, RIGHT-CLICK USES and LEFT-CLICK LOOKS, while in the inventory RIGHT-CLICK LOOKS and LEFT CLICK USES. That's very counter-intuitive, and doesn't make for a good experience, you should switch one of these around.

EDIT 2 - Also, note that pressing F5 and F7, standard common shortcuts for SAVing and LOADing, brings up the default save- and load-game GUIs, instead of your own custom one.

EDIT 3 - The music is great, and you have left DEBUG MODE ON.
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

Marion

Thank you all for you messages. I'm happy you like my game. I will try to correct the points you told me about for a future version of the game - including, I hope, new original musics and an english translation. :)

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Future version of the game? Heck, we want MORE adventures like this! :D I'm currently stumped at the word puzzle, but this game has made my day! It's very good! And the storytelling in particular, the non-linear presentation, the characters' lines, heck - the characters' CLOSE-UPs... this is great stuff, and revamp it if you must, but what we really want is MORE games! :D

Kneel. Now.

Marion

Thank you very much :)
I intended to make 5 games (one game / book), but it's hard work and I don't have many time for this. But I'll try to make the others soon :)

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Finally finished it. I have *no* idea why that was the word on the skulls - it's not even a french word, is it?

I can't stress this enough, it's a GREAT game, I loved every minute, right from the introduction! Please, do make a translation so that other people can enjoy it! (and do have it made by someone better at it than whoever translated James in Neverland :P )

EDIT - BTW, are you aware that your comics are available for download on eMule? On one hand I don't think you'll like this information, but hey, on the other hand, it's a sure sign of their popularity. ;D

Kneel. Now.

riseryn

QuoteI have *no* idea why that was the word on the skulls - it's not even a french word, is it?

in fact it s
Spoiler
The name of the famous pirate blackbeard
[close]

CosmoQueen

Oh my!! This looks incredible! I hope there's an English version eventually.
KPop and AGS....................that is my life.

Marion

Riseryn is right about the word, if you read the books you understand it :)

I knew my comics were available on Emule, but I can't do many things to prevent this... and reading on a computer screen will never be the same that having a real book in your hands, isn't it ? :)

I hope there will be a good english translation soon ^^

riseryn

Where are we going if professional cartoonist makes games  ;D

(just kidding :) )

sthomannch

I enjoyed this game a lot! Nice graphics and good story line.

Joneleth

Great game, I should really read the DMF comics, but they're hard to find compared to the Naheulbeuk ones. :(

Marion

Indeed, but there are some online book shops who still have some :)

SuperDre

Quote from: Marion on Thu 01/05/2008 19:09:25
Thank you all for you messages. I'm happy you like my game. I will try to correct the points you told me about for a future version of the game - including, I hope, new original musics and an english translation. :)

Looking at the screenshots I'm very interested in the game, but due to it being in the french language I'm not able to play it.. In regard to an english translation, make sure someone who know the english language well proofreads it first (I've seen enough great adventure games ruined because of lousy translation)..

Matti

I like the graphics (except some little things like the waves) and the comic style in general. I tried it out but my french isn't good enough especially for the speeches are speedy and skipping automatically. So I stopped playing when getting on the ship.

Really looking forward to play the english version.

I have to quote Rui here:

This is MUCH more interesting, and much BETTER, than your previous attempt, I am amazed at the sudden rise in quality!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk