Dread Mac Farlane (english translation available !)

Started by Marion, Tue 29/04/2008 07:47:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Joneleth

Quote from: Marion on Wed 04/06/2008 12:15:20

I have begun the work with the adapation of the second book, but it won't be easy. It's not really an adventure any more, it's more psychologic. I will see if I can do it.

Cool, looking forward to it. :)
Do you have any plans to make games of your other series too?

BTW maybe you should add "English version released" to the topic title to attract more people? :P

Marion

Good idea  ;)

I don't think I will adapt my other comic books at this time.

Matti

I think I found a bug.

At the beginning of the 1st chapter when talking to the captain the close-up-view suddenly changed to a conversation with the cook Mister Smee and Dread is standing somewhere at the bottom right corner of the screen, outside the walkable area. I think this just happens if you talk to the captain BEFORE talking to Mister Smee, but I'm not quite sure.

But it's no big deal, though standing outside the walkable area one can still leave the room.

But let me say: It's a really nice game  :)

EDIT: I just tested it again and it works if you talk to the cook before talking to the captain.

Marion

Thank you, I will see if I can fix this bug.

Svartberg

skeeter

Hi,

Could you tell me what the first screen of writing says? The introduction, after I press new game. I'm just wondering what it says, because then I'm playing the game and I'm not sure where I am or what I'm doing.

Thanks!

Marion

It says :

In mysterious ruins in the jungle, a sailors crew enters a strange voodoo hideout...

Ultra Magnus

Just finished the game, and I really did like it. Well done.

Only a couple of criticisms/bugs...
*I think there were too many time cuts. The flashback scenes were used well and to good effect of revealing the plot little by little, but there were just too many of them in my opinion.
*A lot of the time when changing scenes (particularly when going to a character's speaking view, but not always) a little bit of text (not in a text box) would flash up on the screen, far too fast to see what it says, though.
*The ending was a bit... abrupt. It just sort of stopped.
*The English translation still needs work, I'm afraid. An example:-
Spoiler
I couldn't really tell what Dread and Peter were talking about between giving him the map and the pirates turning up.
[close]
The rest was functional enough, but not really fluent.

Other than that, good stuff. Great artwork and music especially.
I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.

I'm tired of pretending I'm not bitchin', a total frickin' rock star from Mars.

Marion

Thank you very much.
I'm working on the second game, but it's more difficult because it's not really an adventure like the first one. I hope you will like it anyway.

Captain Lexington

Yeah guys, I'm sorry about how the translation turned out.

French has this habit of implying nothing, and I didn't feel like I could take enough liberty with the dialogue to make it really flow in English.

If ever given the opportunity again, I'll definitely put more time into it.

Marion

Oh dear, Dread Mac Farlane is the game of the month !!

Thank you, thank you very much !!  ;D

Ultra Magnus

Quote from: The Orator on Sat 28/06/2008 04:14:30
Yeah guys, I'm sorry about how the translation turned out.

French has this habit of implying nothing, and I didn't feel like I could take enough liberty with the dialogue to make it really flow in English.

Don't worry about it too much.
As I said, it's functional enough for the most part, and it didn't stop the game being pick of the month.

Congrats on that, by the way.
I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.

I'm tired of pretending I'm not bitchin', a total frickin' rock star from Mars.

Mordalles

wow, great game. love the graphics, and the story is well told, with the flashbacks, etc.
thanks!

"It's a fairy! She's naked! Curse these low-res graphics!" - Duty and Beyond

Nachtvlinder

I saw this game a month ago, and was longing to play it. But alas, the link was not working anymore. Then I saw the domain had changed and after a little thinking I decided to trie to use the path and change the domain and, o wondrous joy, it worked. so here it is
May all go well for you,

Martin

biorogue

great game! but i have no clue what the very beginning had to do with the rest of the game. i.e. the voodoo woman. maybe i'm just dense.

Marion

In fact, you discover this in the sequel. But it's not done yet...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk