Dread Mac Farlane (english translation available !)

Started by Marion, Tue 29/04/2008 07:47:20

Previous topic - Next topic

m0ds

Looks good! The title graphic suggests nudity also  := What exactly is the puzzle with the captain?

:P

Marion

Ok, I will make  a good english translation as soon as possible :)

There is no surprise with the "sudden rise of quality". I have made James in Neverland because I like Reiner's graphics and I wanted to make a game with them, but I didn't really have a good story to use with. But I wrote the story of Dread Mac Farlane many years ago and worked a lot on it for the comics  books. And as many people asked me to make a game with all graphics made by my own hand, because I am a comic book drawer, I decided to adapt my book "Dread Mac Farlane".

That's all :)

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

That's cool info that only you, as the game maker, needs to know. If you had just released James as a comic book, also because "you wanted to use those graphics, never really mind the story", we would also have spotted a huge difference between James and MacFarlane. The audience doesn't get to see that side of the story, and for all we knew, James in Neverland was a good example of the best you could do.

And know we see Dread Mac Farlane. Do realize, please, how much you'd potentially injured your image because you just "wanted to make a game with those graphics" - all we know is there's a huge difference between those games, and without that extra info which only you need to know, people just assume it's because you got a hell of a lot better.
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

Marion

Er, sorry.... I just wanted to explain why there are so many differences between those two games.
Personnaly, I like James In Neverland a lot too. The problem is that I don't have much time to draw my own graphics for my games, so I try to find graphics I like to make them.

riseryn

Making games is a kind of relaxation when working on her comics i assume.
Marion is also the soul of the french ags forum and pitifully a day have only 24H and she s just able to work 19h a day  ;D
(You know home caring, childs, drawing and all that kind of stuff  ;D )

paolo

Marion,

What beautifully drawn graphics - excellent job. Well done.

I've found a typo...
Spoiler
When you give the flagon of rum to La Teigne, he says "Il faut chaud" - I think that should be "Il fait chaud"
[close]

Jared

I'd like to volunteer my services as a proofreader for the English translation, if you wanted one. I do a lot of creative writing and work fairly quickly when editing/rewriting material.

That said I can't speak French (just English and a little Japanese) so I'd need a rough translation to work with.

While I'm hear I'd better add that this is the most beautiful-looking AGS game I've ever seen and I can't wait to play it.

Marion

Sciere

Marion, I just finished the game and I'm left speechless. This was hands down one of the best adventure games I've played, and I thought the pirate genre would not be further explored again after the brilliant Nelly Cootalot. The graphics are absolutely amazing and you did not spare an effort to create as much as possible - the close-ups for instance highly support the immersion. The way you crafted the flashbacks and divided it up into different chapters, all leading to the grand showdown - the design of it all is brilliant. I, too, found the controls somewhat confusing with left/right doing different actions in the inventory and in-game, but it never took away from the captivation. Outstanding work and great balance between flow and difficulty. Since I liked the story so much, I'm going to pick up the comic books series as well if those are still available.

I tried the earlier AGS version too after playing (the one with the comic book panels and top-down view), and it sure has come a long way. Of course not only graphics-wise, but also in how you further adapted the story to an interactive medium. Move over, Jane Jensen.

Marion

Thank you Sciere, I'm very happy you all enjoy my game  :)
Concerning the comic book, they are still available, but only in french (and nederland).
Oh, and, as Mods says, the title suggests nudity : there is no nudity in the game, but there are some soft erotics scenes in the comics books ;)

SSH

For the impatient of us, can't you just stick the translation file through google translate so we can play NOW, please!

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Oh, trust me, you wouldn't want that.
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

Marion

Yes, be patient, someone is working on it :)
I will ask him if it's finished soon.

Sciere

It seems the first album was only recently translated into Dutch, I had no problem finding it =)

Marion

That's true, and the second one will come soon I think :)

paolo

Un autre petit bug (another little bug):

Spoiler
In the mine, if you dig in the pile of stones a second time you find the box again.
[close]
On the whole, though, this is an excellently written game - not only are the graphics amazing, but the gameplay and scripting are top notch too!

Marion

Snake

Damnit! ;D

Why do all the really cool-looking games have to be in French?

This looks like a really fun game, the art-work is great! It also sounds like an interesting game, so I really hope for you to make an English adaptation - I STRONGLY agree with SuperDre about having somebody who knows the English language to make the translation. You could very well have a great game here, but with a crappy translation, it'll deter immersion immensely.

--Snake
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk