The Find Demo

Started by Gregjazz, Wed 15/01/2003 22:45:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregjazz

Hi everybody,

The Find Demo is available for download!
Check it out at http://www.freewebs.com/thefind

Have fun!

Geoffkhan

Sporkmaster

Looks awesome! Only problem, it downloads slower than a snail...in molasses...in January...with a 60 ton weight. And I have cable internet, so it can't be my fault.
Is it a spork or a foon? The debate rages on.

Snake

WHY?! Because it's 10 friggen megabytes!1

I remember seeing screenshots of this game, I can't wait to play the demo, it looks fantastic.

Downloading now...until tomorrow morning...

--Snake
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

Gregjazz

The reason the download is so slow is because of the free server I use.
It'll be worth the download time!

Have fun!

Snake

I got the demo, haven't played just yet, but I've got a suggestion. Make 2 seperate ZIP downloads. One including the game with the setup stuff, music.vox, and the other zip with the mp3 by itself. And you don't need to include the wav files in the zip, they are compiled within the game.

This will definately make the download time quicker for slower users ;)

--EDIT--
I've played just a few minutes and I must say I love your graphics and especially the characaters! They rock, man. I've found a bug though. When you interact in any way with the ground, wherever he is standing, the main character walks very slow in one spot. It also happens whenever you enter a new screen.

--Snake
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

Gregjazz

Thank you for the bug report. That bug (the stationary walking) is one that has been annoying me for quite a while. Also when you enter a room sometimes the main character will play his stationary walking animation. Also after you load a savegame the Save dialog box appears.

Pay no attention to these bugs. They will not affect gameplay, and I will fix them.

Thanks,

Geoffkhan

Neole

Love the demo! Great graphics. Especially love the pamphlet floating in the wind puzzle! Couldnt complete it though. I am stuck..

Spoiler
The guy in the pawn shop asked me to get something. Nothing happened after that, I dont know where to go. Has a new location opened up?
[close]

Gregjazz

Hey,

Just send me an email with a description of the part your stuck at and I'll help you out.

Oh, and check the website out. I put a new forum there! Head over to http://pub10.ezboard.com/bthefindadventuregame

Later.

Geoffkhan

DodgeR

this looks really good.   8)
im gonna download it tomorow

Gregjazz

Hey,

Tonight I'm uploading an updated version of the demo. A few bugs are fixed and there is some new music. (that's why it's now 13 megs instead of 10)

Please post your comments at our forum:
http://pub10.ezboard.com/bthefindadventuregame

Thanks,

Geoffkhan

Neole

Can't wait! The odd sliding on one spot walk sometimes is fixed hopefully! I'll replay it with the new version when you release it. It's one of the most promising games I've seen - great graphics and gameplay, and what looks so far like a good plot.

Gregjazz

Hey,

I partially fixed the stationary walking bug -- it still occurs sometimes.

We have the whole plot figured out and it's going to be awesome! Maybe later on I'll release some sort of preview with screenshots and stuff. I'll notify you when I do.

Geoffkhan

Gregjazz

If you're interested in the progress of The Find adventure game, you can check out what's happening at our forum: http://pub10.ezboard.com/bthefindadventuregame

If you found any bugs, please post them in the "bug report" section so I can fix them as soon as possible.

I also put up another really cool sample of the Government Agent theme. You can download it at http://www.freewebs.com/thefind/agent2.mp3

Thanks,

Geoffkhan

Synthetique

wow... looks nice... i especially like the characters... im not much for 3d environments but i still can say that it looks really good.. :)
im downloading it now.. i'll have it in 3h 35mins ;D

geoffkhan1

Finally it is here!

After much waiting, The Find Forum is complete! If you would like to know the latest news from the game, report bugs, or post ideas, you can register an account. Go to:

http://thefind.board.dk3.com/2/

Later,

Geoffkhan

Neole

When dyu expect to finish the game, or the next chapter? I'm really really looking forward to playing this game! One of the best ones coming out, in my opinion.

Gregjazz

Hey,

We plan to get about half of the game finished by the end of this summer. We have figured out a lot of puzzles and the whole storyline. This summer we are also going to put up the official Herculean Effort website with a The Find section (and maybe a few shorter games). We plan on uploading lots of concept art and music clips to keep you guys interested. :)

Actully we need some feedback on an important question: should we upload each chapter as we finish them, or should we wait until the game is complete to upload it?

Anyways,

Geoffkhan

Neole

I would like each chapter as you finish them! It is also a good motivating factor for the creators as they keep getting feedback for each chapter. How many chapters in all?

I also think you should post a couple of screenshots up there in the first post. It's a beautiful looking game!

Bob Ross is the schiznit

Glad to hear you liked the graphics. However, as pretty as they are now, we're still not satisfied with them. That's right, we are planning to redo ALL the graphics you've seen.
The character art is going to become slightly more cartoony, not terribly so, but just enough to exhibit that certain artistic flair I'm looking for.
The backgrounds will be re-designed and rendered with a more moody feel to them. I'm also trying to get rid of that "empty space" feel that can be seen in many 3D rendered backgrounds. We're also going to make the lighting more dramatic while we're at it.
To reiterate, the only constants will be our original storyline, the dialogue, the puzzles, and most of the music.
Redesign to begin late May 2003. You can expect to see a new web site around that time as well.

Neole

Oh no! I love the characters right now - I hope they dont change too much.. looking forward to the new designs anyway!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk