Infection - Episode 1 - The ship

Started by WHAM, Wed 07/05/2008 18:13:18

Previous topic - Next topic

WHAM

WHAM PROUDLY PRESENTS ITS FIRST-EVER CREATION: THE INFECTION - EPISODE 1 - THE SHIP!

If you've played, remember to give me some feedback or votes in http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/games.php?action=detail&id=1019

> > > German translation available NOW (At long last! Thanks neon!) < < <

> > > Check this link! This video just made my day! < < <
> > > http://www.youtube.com/user/theundeadmeat#p/c/96ACD080C7BF5A72/0/NH3xgcofr3s < < <

PRIMARY DOWNLOAD LINK (Updated with german translation on 12.1.2010)
Download link here  >>CLICK ME <<
The download now contains the german language translations as well, changing most of the game's text into german. This feature can be accessed by running the game's setup and selecting the german translation from the drop-down menu.

The game tells you the first part of the story of Michael Owen, a spaceship mechanic aboard the small cargo transporter called "Pelican" by its young captain. The crew rest peacefully in hypersleep, until something goes very wrong onboard the ship and the crew is awoken to investigate the events.

The game features:

>> Over 600 lines of voice acting
>> Creepy retro music composed by Tony - Ferrara - Caven
>> 30 rooms to investigate
>> A pequliar storyline, that acts as the beginning of a much greater chain of events in the sequels
>> Beneath A Steel Sky user interface and inventory

Screenshot:

Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

Dixon

Woho! Congrats on the completion. Downloading now.

R4L

Nice game so far!

The things I see wrong IMO are the speeds of characters. The main characters walk really slow, but the enemies walk way too fast. It's hard to shoot at them sometimes.

That, and sometimes I have no idea where I'm going or what to do. Is there a map by any chance?

Anyway, I'll continue playing. The music and sound is very nice, and the speech is excellent.

dunnoson

Downloading now...

I anticipate to play this soon, but I have to get ready for my new job.
I work @ Six Flags now.
currently working on:

I am in the Brainstorming stage.  Also am trying to gather a team.
I am committing to this game.

Thinking about creating another game, NCIS themed.

skuttleman

It sure would be nice if RapidShare didn't suck so much. I'll be playing this if/when I'm actually able to download it.

WHAM

Quote from: skuttleman on Wed 07/05/2008 21:23:39
It sure would be nice if RapidShare didn't suck so much. I'll be playing this if/when I'm actually able to download it.

Rapidshare is hopefully just a temporary solution, as I am hoping to get myself some proper website-space and my own domain, so that I can host my games on my own. This will probably have to wait to some time around July/August due to funding problems.
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

Leon

If I can get rapidshare to work, I'll sure have a look at it. So far no luck.
Ultimate Game Solutions - Because there is a solution for everything

miguel

Hmmm. I'll wait for a mirror then, looks like you all having problems downloading.
Can't wait to play it though. :)
Working on a RON game!!!!!

LimpingFish

www.filefront.com is marginally better for hosting files. Less clicking involved when downloading, anyway.
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

Dualnames

I think i might give you a mirror..i might..don;t hold your breath.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

LUniqueDan

Congratulation Wham!
I was really waiting for this game since sooo long!

Downloading right now!

* Warming up the flame thrower, capt'n*
"I've... seen things you people wouldn't believe. Destroyed pigeon nests on the roof of the toolshed. I watched dead mice glitter in the dark, near the rain gutter trap.
All those moments... will be lost... in time, like tears... in... rain."

JuuJuu

aww...I downloaded it and it wont work. =(

Angel Dust

YYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can you tell I am excited! Downloading now.

Edit: Just played it for an hour and it's quite good. A bit too vague with your objectives but the atmosphere is effective.

Nostradamus

Hmmm looks interesting, will download in a minute.
And people Rapidshare is not my favorite file sharing site but come on it's real easy to download from. Just click the button on bottom right that says FREE. After the little counter you get to download the file. Nothing complicated here.

But WHAM, seriously you really couldn't think of a name?  Michael Owen, seriously?  totally not stolen from the Newcastle striker huh?  :=

AdventureMan

This is a very nice game, but where do I find the inventory button?  ??????.

Leon

Quote from: AdventureMan on Thu 08/05/2008 09:29:47
This is a very nice game, but where do I find the inventory button?  ??????.

It's the bar on top of the screen. By default it'll show your gun (40). Items you find will be added there.
Ultimate Game Solutions - Because there is a solution for everything

AdventureMan

Thanks a lot, I didn't thought of that. :-[.

bicilotti

Interesting production. Bit cliché so far, but the atmosphere of the game really wrapped me up!

edit: one thing I didn't like was the .zip size, maybe you should consider to release a "lighter" version for he who doesn't own DSL. Music and voicepack are really ell done though

BOYD1981

aha, rapidshare appears to be working for me again so i'm downloading it now.
oh yeh, by the way you don't have to include the .html on the end of a rapidshare link, in most cases i've found that causes my browser to try save the file as html or open it in the browser.

Limey Lizard, Waste Wizard!
01101101011000010110010001100101001000000111100101101111011101010010000001101100011011110110111101101011

miguel

Congratulations WHAM, very nice game, the graphics are simple in a good way and the sound quality is really above-average (very good acting), I love those automatic door opening! :)
Too bad about Michael Owen's injury, oh well, at least he got a job in the marines!
Really, great game so far, good story, the main character leaving his mates behind works very well.
Congrats!
I also like it when Ellie screams :=
Working on a RON game!!!!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk