Infection - Episode 1 - The ship

Started by WHAM, Wed 07/05/2008 18:13:18

Previous topic - Next topic

CodeJunkie

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Aaaaaaaaaah. Maybe I did have time for that. Ah well, no matter, I had a previous savegame. ;D

Well, I finished it. What can I say? The game promises quite a bit, and it delivers - story-wise and atmosphere-wise. The story progression and storytelling is among the best in AGS games. The game does suffer with the other two voices (I played it through with voices on now!), but at least we have Mike, who is always, or almost always, spot on, and when he's not spot on he's taking the line in some other direction we hadn't though of but suits the situation just fine. LOVED the 'mommy'. ;D Also LOVED that computer.
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

JuuJuu

Mordalles

also finally finished it, and wow, great game! loved the way the story is told, and the humour as well. also, i liked the voice acting of the main character. especially the "mommy" line, and the lines where he is reading the memo. great touches.
waiting eagerly for episode 2.

"It's a fairy! She's naked! Curse these low-res graphics!" - Duty and Beyond

neon

Nice little game. I felt a bit like beeing in '7 days a sceptic' when it started, but it's lot different.

The only thing I didn't really like was that the enemy is very hard to hit in the beginning. Later when I got familiar with the controls, it was much easier. But I ran into a situation where I saved the game down in the escape pod room and every time I came up with the lift, the enemy was still there and I had no chance to do anything before I was infected.

Let's see how the second part will be. Do you have an idea how long it will take?

WHAM

Quote from: neon on Wed 21/05/2008 12:27:44
Let's see how the second part will be. Do you have an idea how long it will take?

The sequel is in a design state and will probably be taking a looong time to complete. Sorry folks, but we're looking at a 2010 release date at best.
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

sharksweetheart

Quote from: CodeJunkie on Tue 13/05/2008 11:13:39
Rui:
Spoiler
Run into another room.
[close]
I have encountered the same problem, but the millisecond I gain control of the cursor I'm dead. I don't have time to do anything.

WHAM

Now that Infection has been released for a while, I thought it would be ok to as you people to vote on the game and tell me what you thought about it in this way.

CLICK ME and click "Vote here" on the page that opens, and fill in!

All feedback is greatly appreciated!
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

Matti

WHAM

Quote from: matti on Wed 28/05/2008 18:47:16
You posted a link to the rapidshare-downloadsite. This is the right one:

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/games.php?action=detail&id=1019

Hahahahaha! That's what I get from overusing copypaste! Thank's for the correction! :)

Also: Thought I'd notify that the "Limited Edition" CD version of the game is available for purchase at 10 €. PM or Email me for more information!
(No, I'm still not looking to make a huge profit with this game (As there are only TEN pieces of the Limited Edition ever made, and about five of them are already sold), but the idea is to see if people like the idea enough to be willing to pay 10€ to support the making of the sequel.)

wyls

Wtf? How long will the next part be?? And why the hell will it take you 1.5 years to complete a "short" game or is it a full length one?

WHAM

Quote from: wyls on Sat 31/05/2008 14:15:25
Wtf? How long will the next part be?? And why the hell will it take you 1.5 years to complete a "short" game or is it a full length one?

The sequel will contain dozens of improvements, several paths for the player to choose from, more story, more characters and way better graphics. It will also no longer be a "short game", but instead I'm aiming for a full lenght game.

Also, to be honest, I doubt the game will see completion before 2012 or something. I'm missing a sprite artist and a lot of time...

red runner

Two things.
First of all, there's no exit button for the game. I have to minimize and close it by right-clicking.
Second, I hope it doesn't take you too long to make the second one.
"Life's too short for all this nonsense.:
  -Joseph Brophy

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

No need to be drastic, Ctrl-Q is better.

Though come to think of it, lack of an exit button and lack of documentation of the shortcut... bit of a "whoopsie".
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

Dualnames

I like the intro, love that voice speech... yeah lack of exit but whatever. Game looks good enough, enjoyable , funny at points and quite a loveable experience so far.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

WHAM

For the knowledge of all who liked Infection's first episode:

"Infection - Episode 2 - The *****" is now officially in the making! I will be releasing a new website for the game's developement within the month. The new, improved, website will have weekly updates, art, more information, and a short audio-only trailer, to act as a hint to where the series is headed.

Also, I just want to remind people, that there are still 3 pieces of the Infection - Episode 1 - The ship LIMITED EDITION CD's available for the price of 10â,¬.  (...plus shipment. Disk will be shipped from Finland) The idea is to promote the developement of Infection 2 and to... make me RICH!!! MUAHAHAHAHAAA!!!

*Places a small plaque with the text "PM me about the Limited edition CD" to my space-pirate hat*

Galen

I don't suppose there's a chance you'll offer a lower-quality version for download with subsequent episodes (lower bitrate, mono channel audio files)?
My connection really makes downloading files >50mb a pain (not that I can't leave it to download, but it makes browsing at the same time rather slow).

Edit numero uno:
Spoiler
Heard the explosion. Went down the elevator to look around. Came back up and was right next to the zombie (which moves way to fast to avoid by the way), pretty difficult not to die.
[close]

Edit: As of mid 2008 I have a <3 connection. This comment isn't really relevant anymore.

WHAM

Quote from: Crazy on Tue 08/07/2008 18:58:45
I don't suppose there's a chance you'll offer a lower-quality version for download with subsequent episodes (lower bitrate, mono channel audio files)?
My connection really makes downloading files >50mb a pain (not that I can't leave it to download, but it makes browsing at the same time rather slow).

Edit numero uno:
Spoiler
Heard the explosion. Went down the elevator to look around. Came back up and was right next to the zombie (which moves way to fast to avoid by the way), pretty difficult not to die.
[close]

Spoiler
This is a known issue, and I attempted to remedy it.  Are you sure you are playing the 1.1 version? The dude is not supposed to appear immediately, but only a while later. Nevertheless, using the elevators while he is chasing you is to be avoided if possible. He is smart enough to stalk you at the other end!
[close]

HINT/SOLUTION
Spoiler
If you shoot the dude and then immediately use the elevator, he wont see you use the elevator and cannot follow you!
[close]

To the issue of large download size, the future episodes will not be any smaller, as I am expecting the secong installment of the series to be of approximately 500MB of size, as it will have over 5 times the voicework, and three to four times the amount of music, plus a lot more art and code.

It will probably be distributed in the form of a torrent at first... But we'll just have to wait and see about that.

WHAM

Bumping this oldie with a little bit of new material, created by neon a long time ago, made available now (because I was too forgetful to add a link back in the day  :-\)

> > > German translation available NOW (At long last! Thanks neon!) < < <

PRIMARY DOWNLOAD LINK (Updated with german translation on 12.1.2010)
Download link here  >>CLICK ME <<
The download now contains the german language translations as well, changing most of the game's text into german. This feature can be accessed by running the game's setup and selecting the german translation from the drop-down menu.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk