MAGS 2008-06: Evil

Started by Klaus, Sun 01/06/2008 22:01:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Hmm.  I'll have something by the 25th but it won't be much.

Ryan Timothy B

Good!  Some competition.  Has anyone else started working on a game?  Or is anyone almost finished one?

I've got 2 more backgrounds to draw, some animations, and it'll be all programming from there.
I'm also in need of some composer to miraculously pump out some tunes for my quick game. :P  I'll try posting in that 'in need of help' thread.

TwinMoon

I'm working on something which might be ready by the 25th.

I've got the script almost finished, and finished roughly half of the programming. Backgrounds are still in the sketching stage.

ShadeJackrabbit

I'm working on something, though I need to really crunch over the next week. Good thing I only have one more exam though...

Brad Newsom

Thankfully finals are over. No more stressing. Hopefully things should open up for me this weekend.

LimpingFish

I'm out. Sorry folks.

I have about 15-25% of something done, but it so won't be finished in time.

You've have to make do without my "murderer musing on the minutia of his crimes, while strolling through rural Wisconsin is 1929"-ulator.

I'll file it away, and finish it...eventually ::)

Sorry again, and good luck to everybody else!
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

King_wiking

I couldn't resist...

Here's the MAGS-version of:

I'm not crazy, right? - The Well
         (The only difference is actually the outro, but what a great outro it is.)

http://files.filefront.com/MAGS+Im+not+crazy+right2zip/;10778935;/fileinfo.html

It's my favorite kind of evilness, a passive aggresive sociopath.
Mmm.. Enjoy.

Leon

Great game (again) King,

Enough objects to toy around with and enough red herrings to make the puzzles interesting! The special feature of the main character not overused this time! And enough morbid humor. Well done! Found a dead end though... (sorta).

Spoiler
When entering the room upstairs with the alien, you can die. Then you get the option to try again or to restart. But when you haven't got the gun yet, you're not able to leave and you can't defeat the alien.... So the only option is to restart.
[close]

BTW, debug mode is still on...
Ultimate Game Solutions - Because there is a solution for everything

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

I'll have something by the deadline but it won't be a 'complete' game.  I'm working to try and get the first act of the game at least playable, though.  I'll squeeze all the time I can get out of today and tomorrow ;).

ShadeJackrabbit

My entry...

Lichdom - "Where did I put that..." (v1.0.0.5)
UPDATE: Okay, I fixed a few bugs here and there. I would fix more, but I really need to get some sleep.  :P

stajp

Quote from: King_wiking on Mon 23/06/2008 23:19:20

http://files.filefront.com/MAGS+Im+not+crazy+right2zip/;10778935;/fileinfo.html

Tried to download it several times during the day, but I could not - filefront says "There were no available download servers."

Some other link, please?

Matti

I've just tested it and it worked well...

King_wiking

I tried downloading it and it seemed to work fine (Or well, Oh, the wit)
You could always try to download the other version of the game if you look at my games page. The only difference is a screen in the outro.
So you wouldn't really miss out on anything.

ShadeJackrabbit

In case nobody saw, I updated my post with the final version. :D

Leon

ShadeJackrabbit,

What a wonderfull game! I love all the different options with the objects! Great one! Two minor issues though:

The title of the game says Where's did I instead of Where did I (but who cares) and the other thing is a bit more serious:

Spoiler
You can't take the blanket from your bed but by using the chopsticks on the chopsticks in your inventory you say: I sew them into the blanket (which you never have in your inventory).
[close]
Ultimate Game Solutions - Because there is a solution for everything

ShadeJackrabbit

Thanks Leon. I fixed said bug so now you actually have to have the items in your inventory. And I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Ryan Timothy B

I'm hoping to have my game fully complete by tomorrow night (the 25th by my time).  We'll just have to wait and see.

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Rushed, falling asleep, and missing things like a soundtrack, I will submit what I have.

The year is 1937.  The lines between good and evil have blurred.  CHANCELLOR HITLER is furious over the loss of the Ark of the Covenant due to the interference of DR. HENRY JONES, JR., and has summoned German-Irish Anthropologist JONAS TAPFER for a quest of the utmost importance.

YOUR MISSION:  Recover a book known as the Picatrix and return it to the Reich so that its powers may be harnessed for the benefit of your people.

This will not be an easy quest since Dr. Jones means to have the Picatrix for himself, so you will need every ounce of intelligence, guile, and strength you can muster.

This game makes being a villain more about perceptions than reality.  What makes a person a villain, anyway?  As Jonas Tapfer you will be able to be cruel or kind and change the direction of the story.

The graphics are retro to save time (and because I like them) and the game is not 'finished'.  You will know when you have gone as far as you can, but there are a few optional things you can do in the game as well.  I highly recommend you read the readme for specific information.  This includes stuff like mentioning bugs and other mistakes, which I am already aware of and will fix when I have time.

The rather simplistic game journal (I'm going to improve it later) will keep you up to date on your enemies, allies, quests, and research gathered, so make sure to look at it often.

If you love ninjas, pirates, or both, you will not skip the intro.

http://www11.asphost4free.com/veradinx/OFH.rar

GuyLaDouche

Hooray! I'm actually surprised to get it done!
Finished in 9 days because that's when I noticed the contest

The Everyday Adventures of the EVIL Dr Zoo

Plot
You are the Evil Dr. Zoo, a mad scientist set on conquering the world (or something) or at least humanity! However, due to a someone ratting out your location, the Guild of Heroes (creatively named) has sent forth a hero to... um... stop you. Choose the hero and use your defenses to protect your base from him/her!

Do it now!

Gameplay
The basic gameplay involves dialogue between you and your head minion, with you choosing orders to issue based on the hero you're fighting and the location they're at. If worse comes to worse and you don't know what to do, you have a 1 in 27 chance of getting the best ending.

There are two heroes to face and three possible endings per hero. Collect them all!

The game is fairly short, so there's no need to save or load at any time. Ctrl-Q to quit or click the 'exit' button at the lower right if you're at the main screen.

Other Notes
- This game contains an entire TWO sounds because I was running short on time. Enjoy them both!

http://rapidshare.com/files/125031592/drzoo.zip.html

TwinMoon

EDIT: Removed my whining about how bad this game is. It was late, ok?

Mel is unhappy. He's just found out he's not considered an evil guy anymore.
What's to do?

Hm, why not threaten the world with nuclear bombs? Yes, that might do the trick.

Get it here
Or here for people who have trouble with FileFront.

(A walkthrough is provided for those who have trouble with the rebus, the codes, or the annyoing pixel hunt puzzle I put in there ;) The game is not tested, but follow the walkthrough carefully and you should not encounter crashes (maybe) )

Thanks to Jojoboy and Leon for bugreports!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk