"Dizzy and The Other Side" released!

Started by xelanoimis, Thu 05/06/2008 14:20:59

Previous topic - Next topic

xelanoimis

Hello,

Dizzy and The Other Side is fully released!
It's a FREE retro adventure game... To cut it short, visit the game's website:

http://www.yolkfolk.com/tos

And if you just want to see how it looks like, here are a few screen shots:

The press release is also available on the website.
http://www.yolkfolk.com/tos/tos_press_release.html

Enjoy it!
Alex

Buckethead

Dizzy? I used to play with that egg when I was younger. It was great fun! Will sure try this one!  :D

the link doesn't work for me   :(

vict0r

xelanoimis

fixed the links - it was a different url format than the one used by the board.

zabnat

I just watched the trailer on the game's website and the voice-over on it made me laugh out loud  ;D

Radiant

It's nice that people keep up the legacy, but I would have preferred if it used graphics similar to the PC Dizzy games.

xelanoimis

Quote from: zabnat on Thu 05/06/2008 20:40:05
I just watched the trailer on the game's website and the voice-over on it made me laugh out loud  ;D

He he, I know the voice overs in the trailer are not exactly what they should be, but there was a about 60% to 40% in favor of keeping them.
And since I couldn't afford to pay for a movie trailer professional, and no one offered to help, I just decided to keep them like that.
In case you want to give it a try, recording a better version, let me know :)

FSi++

Quote from: Radiant on Thu 05/06/2008 23:16:26
It's nice that people keep up the legacy, but I would have preferred if it used graphics similar to the PC Dizzy games.

The blasphemer!

Gilbert

Also, I think most fan games there were made using DizzyAge, so these are the default classic graphics and I don't see anything wrong with them for nostalgic reasons (though of course, it's not wrong either to use the VGA PC graphics).

Dualnames

Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Stupot

Yay! Dizzy!
Gotta love that little eggs.
Classic line from Fantasy World Dizzy when you go to knock on the door.

"That's easier said than done when you're wearing boxing gloves!"

I find myself saying that from time to time totally out of context.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk