Coloring Ball: Looks familiar? [FINISHED]

Started by Akatosh, Sat 14/06/2008 16:46:49

Previous topic - Next topic

Akatosh

You probably know the outline supplied this time. If not, get off my lawn, whippersnapper.

You're allowed to draw both inside and outside the outline, as well as resize and rotate it, but it must be (more or less instantly) recognizable and somehow the center of your image. You're completly free on size and colors.

That's it. Competition ends on the 28th, 12 o'clock GMT. Good luck!

[Trophies go here once I can be arsed to draw some.]

TwinMoon

Domino

GarageGothic

Not an entry:

TwinMoon: Aw, there goes any chance for a ku-klux-klan-costumed n-word-in-the-well entry.

Ubel

GarageGothic. You are a fucking brilliant man.

Pablo out...

Ishmael

I used to make games but then I took an IRC in the knee.

<Calin> Ishmael looks awesome all the time
\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

ildu

Matti

Well, not very creative and I know that an egg would hardly look or break like this, but my first idea was too difficult to realize while my second idea was taken away with garage's starwars scene...

I made a second one and I hope that's okay:

Oh, and a little third one if you don't mind:

Lionmonkey

I saw an image of Earth, with a piece of it cut out, so the core was seeable in an encyclopedy, when I was a 1st grader, and since then I'm obsessed with such images.

I've got no idea, how I made this, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to post it.

Updated version:

Couldn't resist to add some evil gradient for sunlight. Also, I'd like to note that this was supposed to be a half-deathstared planet not a monster.

TwinMoon

Looks like a great idea for a really bad horror flick: "Earth bites back!" (maybe Al Gore could get another Oskar)

Buckethead

Alarconte

matti, your second entry is really good!! ^_^

Limonmonkey, what part of earth is it? is real? I don't recognize the geography...
"Tiny pixelated boobies are the heart and soul of Castlevania"

Galactic Battlefare Capital Choice Part 1 , finished, releasing soon
GBF CC Part 2, WIP

Matti

Quote from: Alarconte on Mon 16/06/2008 19:30:08
matti, your second entry is really good!! ^_^

Thanks.

Limonmonkey, what part of earth is it? is real? I don't recognize the geography...

It looks like the northpole with a little green Antarctica in the middle, surrounded by Russia and Southamerica instead of Northamerica...

Seems like a continental drift happened there.

Lionmonkey

Quote from: matti on Mon 16/06/2008 19:39:28
It looks like the northpole with a little green Antarctica in the middle, surrounded by Russia and Southamerica instead of Northamerica...

Well, I was pretty sure that we've all seen the Earth zoomed out a pretty lot of time and are pretty bored of the familiar shapes. So, I decided not to precicely copy the landmasses of your planet, and simply draw some  random shapes insted.

Thinking shapes up was pretty long, so I've decided to use our continents as a little reference. Thankfully, my art skill still deduces them to random shapes.

If you really wanna know, Antarctida is the white blob to the left, Australia is the island in center (note the carefully transparent Corall Riffs under it!), North-Western and Middle part of Africa is at bellow it, And some totally unknown part of Europe is at the top right part. Think of it as of the Earth from another dimension.

Alarconte

QuoteIf you really wanna know, Antarctida is the white blob to the left, Australia is the island in center (note the carefully transparent Corall Riffs under it!), North-Western and Middle part of Africa is at bellow it, And some totally unknown part of Europe is at the top right part.

I Thinked Exactly that xD But I asked 'cause has no sense, of course xD
"Tiny pixelated boobies are the heart and soul of Castlevania"

Galactic Battlefare Capital Choice Part 1 , finished, releasing soon
GBF CC Part 2, WIP

Domino

Lionmonkey, that is a great entry.  It is funny because this was the first image I was working on then scrapped it for my weird looking fish shark thingy.

NOT AN ENTRY

:)

Akatosh

MadReizka

I do music and visual effects:
http://www.distantshitfilms.net/personal/

IndieBoy

I have an entry in the works. So if it would be possible, if I don't post by 12pm, to keep the comp open a little longer? I will edit this post with my entry.

Edit:

Man I wish I will pass my driving test :-\
Quote from: Calin Elephantsittingonface on Tue 08/02/2011 09:00:55
The only person in favour of the mobs seems to be IndieBoy.. but he's scottish so we dont listen to him anyway.

Akatosh

Alright, sorry for being late. Let's keep this quick and painful... or something like that. The trophy images you see here are crappy, transparency-lacking placeholders; new images will be uploaded at the same URL without warning in the next days, so you can copy the links whereever you want them to be right now.

3rd:

IndieBoy! I really like what you you've done with the lighting and reflections on that thing. My main grunch would be that the Pac-Man is a little too "concealed", but let's not be too nitpicky.

2nd:

TwinMoon since that's both innovative and pretty good-looking (despite being a little dull in terms of color choice... ah well...).

1st:

matti for his first entry. Not the most innovative in the competition, but definitly the "crispest", which makes it look really, really awesome.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk