Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy v3

Started by DutchMarco, Sun 29/06/2008 10:59:27

Previous topic - Next topic

DutchMarco

OK, I'll say that I quite like this game so far - even though I can't get out of the first room! The humour is quite nice, not exactly how Douglas Adams would've done it, but close enough to not be a clone and be very much your own. and still funny enogh to remind us (me, anyway) of DA.

I'm stuck
Spoiler
in the bedroom. AD tells me he can't leave the room as he misses the door by a good 18 inches. There's something I should do as well. I've already looked out the window a few times and seen the yellow bulldozer - should I do that many more times? The phone broke as it fell on the floor, I can't pick it up anymore - it won't even highlight anymore -
[close]
So I'm effectively stuck. Please halp?

Dualnames

First hint:
Try picking items up.

Solution:
Spoiler
pick the gown, wear it(select and use on self) and you'll find a pill
[close]

Thanks for the comments by the way.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

DutchMarco

OK,I've moved on and now I'm stuck in a brand new, all-original way:

Spoiler
I found out about hoe to find & take the analgesic, the I vould leave the room at last, but the yellow bulldozer decided todemolish my house, injuring me in the process, on my way to the hospital, the Vogons did their thing and demolished the planet, so game over for me (never mind about what it did to Arthur Dent, I distinctly remember him not dying in the books, against all odds - so another way in which I've moved on.) when I restarted the game, I could quickly take the pill but then I couldn't leave the room, I couldn't even look out the window anymore! As if the hotspots had vanished!
[close]

So, this hints & tips thread bit seems to be more of a bug report so far.

Dualnames

Yep, restart game act weirds on hitchhiker's.. Try and open the game and close it.. sorry for the inconvinience. That's probably an AGS bug, not to take the blame of me, but i'll trace it nevertheless. The house got down on you, because you were more than supposed to be in the house.
Probably around 4 minutes..

EDIT: Unless, you didn;t restart and used Autosave which is kind of bugged in certain aspects but that's me.

Surprisingly enough restart game does bug. I only put a restart point once when you click on the menu and the menu scrolls down. Then I just use restart game function.

EDIT: This game is all about doing it the right way. And yeah you can die many times. But it's logical you have 12 minutes to leave earth.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk