AGS 3.0.2 SP1 now available!

Started by Pumaman, Sat 21/06/2008 17:39:25

Previous topic - Next topic

JpSoft

Quote from: Pumaman on Wed 25/06/2008 21:42:18
Quote from: JpSoft on Wed 25/06/2008 10:36:04
Looks like i cant modify global variables created in the global variables panel though my modules. Its a bug? maybe its how it is suppossed to work? (global variables only works with global script and rooms?) or I'm doing something wrong?

It should work, what error are you getting? What are you trying to do? Can you post the script code you're trying to use?

Im really sorry. It was my fault. I added the Global Variables when i downloaded the first 3.0.2 version, but i continue working with the 3.0 when i read about the problems the first release had. Now working with the new 3.0.2 and until now everything works ok (i just needed change the #DEFINE words in the script)

Also, i noticed that now the engine compile my exe file with a new name. I mind, until now my EXE file was called "rcombat.exe" since i choosed this name at the very begining project, but the general settings have "AGSWars" as game name. Now, wheni compile the project, the new file created is "agswars.exe". Since i did not read nothing about this in the changes file, i posted it in case nobody else noticed that.

Jp

GarageGothic

Did you change the name of the project folder? At least for me, the name of the compiled .exe will be the same name as that of the game's project folder (which also means that the warning when creating a new game that "You can't change this later on" is sort of bullshit, you just can't do it from within AGS).

JpSoft

I really formated the drive C (dont know if this is important) but all my data were in drive D (including AGS 3.0) Also, the folder name changed from "Rcombat" to "AGS Wars Source Code". As for me, im happy with this new result, since im happy to be able to change the main exe name :)

jp

Pumaman

Quote from: Strange Visitor on Thu 26/06/2008 13:08:33
BUG:  Possibly...I tried using the Voice acting line generator again, and my VoiceSpeech.TXT file was completely empty except for:

*** All text lines, in order of appearance in the scripts ***

Am I misunderstanding this?  Is it not supposed to export all dialogues, Say and Display commands?

Have you actually numbered the voice speech lines (ie. run a Auto Number Speech Lines or done it manually?)

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

The issue with importing 8-bit sprites and losing colors with the same rgb value as the 'transparent' index used for drawing the images persists, CJ.  I'm just reporting it again because I thought it was fixed but I've had it happen again.  Basically, if I use index 0 as my transparent color and it happens to be black, some of the time when I import a sprite, if it has 'any' black color in it, regardless of which index I used to apply it, it is treated as index 0 and made transparent.  I'd really like to see this fixed, but since it no longer seems to happen regularly I'm not sure if sending you sprites will help. 

Dualnames

Long time no answer. Yes I'm using pixel-perfect, I just wasn't aware that AGS did that. Thanks Chris. Sorry for that noobie-kind-of question of me.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Play_Pretend

Ohhhhhhhh, okay!  ;D  I didn't realize I had to auto-number them first.  I ran that, then the Voice Actor tool, and that time it worked perfectly.  Sweet deal!

I also tried clicking the Remove all numbers for above characters option at first, because I thought it meant it would remove any old numbering, then replace it with the all new numbering.  Of course, nothing appeared to happen, so I still thought it was broken. :)

Wow...over 30,000 words in my game so far, and I'm not even close to halfway done yet. :)

Pumaman

Quote from: ProgZmax on Fri 27/06/2008 07:32:00
The issue with importing 8-bit sprites and losing colors with the same rgb value as the 'transparent' index used for drawing the images persists, CJ.  I'm just reporting it again because I thought it was fixed but I've had it happen again.  Basically, if I use index 0 as my transparent color and it happens to be black, some of the time when I import a sprite, if it has 'any' black color in it, regardless of which index I used to apply it, it is treated as index 0 and made transparent.  I'd really like to see this fixed, but since it no longer seems to happen regularly I'm not sure if sending you sprites will help. 

Hmm, do you have an image file where this happens consistently?

naltimari

When I try to run 640x480 games full-screen in D3D mode I get:

There was a problem initializing graphics mode 640x400 (32-bit)
(Problem: 'Failed to create Direct3D Device: 0x8876086C')
Try to correct the problem, or seek help from the AGS homepage.

Possible causes:
* your graphics card drivers do not support this resolution. Run the game setup program and try the other resolution.
* the graphics filter you have selected does not work. Try another filter.

Notice that the error message states that it could not use 640x400, not 640x480. Strange isnt it?

If I switch the game resolution to 320x240, I get a similar error, saying that it could not use '320x200' resolution.

I used to be able to run 640x480 in D3D in previous AGS versions, so I posted this.

Pumaman

Make sure that the Letterbox Mode checkbox is ticked in the setup program. The D3D driver hasn't changed in 3.0.2 so there shouldn't be any differences in how it behaves to the previous version.

naltimari

Quote from: Pumaman on Fri 27/06/2008 23:30:02
Make sure that the Letterbox Mode checkbox is ticked in the setup program. The D3D driver hasn't changed in 3.0.2 so there shouldn't be any differences in how it behaves to the previous version.

I'm sure, because letterbox mode (or, 'force alternate letterbox resolution') is greyed out on winsetup.exe, so i couldn't have turned it 'off'.

As a matter of fact,  I tried to start a new game using the default template, and it didn't work too, fullscreen or windowed (same error message).

Ishmael

Sounds like display driver problems to me, if it indeed has worked before and the D3D renderer hasn't changed.
I used to make games but then I took an IRC in the knee.

<Calin> Ishmael looks awesome all the time
\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

QuoteHmm, do you have an image file where this happens consistently?

Unfortunately no.  The sprites I had problems with I just modified by using a color for the background that the sprite didn't use.  If it happens again I'll save a copy of the gif, but again, it doesn't seem to happen all the time now :(.

Pumaman

Quote from: naltimari on Sat 28/06/2008 02:17:47
I'm sure, because letterbox mode (or, 'force alternate letterbox resolution') is greyed out on winsetup.exe, so i couldn't have turned it 'off'.

As a matter of fact,  I tried to start a new game using the default template, and it didn't work too, fullscreen or windowed (same error message).

Would you be able to try starting a new game with 3.0.1 as well just to confirm whether the problem is related to 3.0.2 or not?

zabnat

Is there no support for external script editor anymore? The built in one drives me grazy with its autoindent. Wouldn't it be possible for ags to monitor the script files, and if they are altered then reload them? This is what my text editor does.

Pumaman

Yeah, that's certainly a possibility for a future version.

Ishmael

Speaking of future versions, would it be possible to have AGS put the savegame folders under My Documents\My Games\ on XP instead of My Documents? Thanks to OROW my My Documents is just plain mess :(
I used to make games but then I took an IRC in the knee.

<Calin> Ishmael looks awesome all the time
\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

Makeout Patrol

Quote from: Ishmael on Sun 29/06/2008 22:31:59
Speaking of future versions, would it be possible to have AGS put the savegame folders under My Documents\My Games\ on XP instead of My Documents? Thanks to OROW my My Documents is just plain mess :(

I agree with this, it would be absolutely fantastic if AGS put savegame folders inside the game folders or even just the My Games folder or something like that.

Ghost

That's what I get *each* time I try to import a sprite... A bug? I am using XP 2nd edition, have Net 2.0 installed and am using the installer version of 3.0.2... I get a blank window with a red cross, and this error message.

Error: Out of memory.
Version: AGS 3.0.2.43

System.OutOfMemoryException: Out of memory.
   at System.Drawing.Bitmap.Clone(Rectangle rect, PixelFormat format)
   at AGS.Editor.SpriteImportWindow.previewPanel_MouseDown(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnMouseDown(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseDown(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Pumaman

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk