Coloring Ball: Totem Pole? (July 5 - July 19) - WINNERS ANNOUNCED

Started by Matti, Sat 05/07/2008 11:24:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Matti

Sorry for letting you wait so long. Here it is.

Do whatever you want with it, it doesn't have to be a Totem.

- You can resize and rotate it
- You can draw both outside and inside the outline.
- No color limit
- You can even slightly change the outline but keep it recognizable.

3rd:2nd:1st:

Ghost

Hooray- with a newly established 'net connection, this Ghost'll try his luck again! Nice theme!

[This space reserved for later haunting!]

And, to make good on my promise...

Buckethead

hmmm I hope this still counts as the refection doesnt fit the outline.

Matti

Quote from: Buckethead on Sat 05/07/2008 18:29:35
hmmm I hope this still counts as the refection doesnt fit the outline.

No worries, that counts. And it's a pretty impressive entry I may add. Didn't think of such a scenery myself, but I hoped that creativity would make this theme interesting.

Ultra Magnus

Well, that's clearly the outline of a funky gangster duck pimp.

Hangin' out in a pool hall, no less.

I did cut out a little bit between his hat and shades.
Did I change it too much?
I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.

I'm tired of pretending I'm not bitchin', a total frickin' rock star from Mars.

Ultra Magnus

I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.

Domino

Lionmonkey

evenwolf

That last one's kinda scary, lol.  It looks like a totem celebrating the Ginger Deadman.
"I drink a thousand shipwrecks.'"

Buckethead

Hey, I should probably tell this. I'm going on holidays tomorrow for 2 weeks. So if I happen to win just let the 2nd prize winner host.

space boy

abstauber

A totem?
Or just the silhouette of two bald guys, fighting about their anorexic dream-girl.

(2x)

Matti

Okay, time's up.

1st prize goes to Buckethead and his town.

2nd prize goes to Ultramagnus and his Funky Gangster Duck Pimp.

3rd prize goes to abstauber and his two angry guys. Funny idea  ;)

Oh, it was hard to choose once again. Ghost and spaceboy had some nice drawings there.

Okay, since Buckethead is absent, Ultramagnus has to start the next competition.

Ultra Magnus

Cool beans, thanks Matti. 8)

I liked Ghost's angel thing best, personally.

Quote from: matti on Sat 19/07/2008 13:38:14
Okay, since Buckethead is absent, Ultramagnus has to start the next competition.

Okay, I'll think some thoughts...

Dualnames

Quote from: space boy on Sat 12/07/2008 22:43:49
THE PAWN OF DOOM
32 colors, 60x99

2x

FFS , you let this lose... well.. what can you do. ART is subjective. No offence I thought this would win.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Matti

Well, it is the nicest piece of art I admit, but I prefer the creative entries. But as I said I had problems with choosing the winners..

abstauber

yay! Thanks, my first trophy at all  ;D

@ dualnames:
If you look at the past coloring balls, in most cases creativity was put in favour of good technique.

Oh, but the pawn (very nice pixel art) taught me, that a gradient shouldn't start with a bright color - at least not for round objects.

Domino

Congrats to the winners. This was a good coloring ball.

Looking forward to the next one.

Domino

Dualnames

Quote from: abstauber on Sat 19/07/2008 14:51:51
yay! Thanks, my first trophy at all  ;D

@ dualnames:
If you look at the past coloring balls, in most cases creativity was put in favour of good technique.

Oh, but the pawn (very nice pixel art) taught me, that a gradient shouldn't start with a bright color - at least not for round objects.

If that was true I'd have a cool collection of bronze troph..no wait I really do have that.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk