NecroQuest 1 "Deluxe". The Inheritance.

Started by yarooze, Thu 10/07/2008 20:13:19

Previous topic - Next topic

Frodo

I'm very glad to hear you are still working on this.    :D

Voices and music are excellent, especially that first voice.   ;D

Hope this gets finished soon, so I can play it.   :)

Frodo

Glad to see you are still working on this.   ;D

I'm looking forward to the deluxe version, and also part 2.   :)

yarooze

NecroQuest will become FPS!  :o If you don't trust me, try this demo:
http://www.ziddu.com/download/5389241/nq3d_demo.zip.html  (1.4mb)

Spoiler
Nothing special, only one room made with ags3d. Look at this screen:
http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/420/screenywj.png
To exit the demo press alt+x.

Actually I want to use 3d stuff in second NecroQuest.
[close]

So... I'm still waiting for the last voice lines.  :'( But I know, it will be worth it. And he promised me, to send the lines next week...  ::)

And NQ1 goes really 3d... ;)

Since I had to wait, I made some merchandising stuff.  8)

Digital    < ------ >   Real

There are more pictures in my blog:
http://yarooze.blogspot.com/2009/06/necroquest-merchandising-thread-go-how.html

May be I can get a couple of coins selling figurines...  ::) Since the game is still freeware.
My Blog

Spike4072

:D Very nice. That figurine looks cool! :D

LordJerus

I got a figurine It is kick ass. And fully detailed. It's smaller then your imagining but then again maybe you don't think your pinky is an inch long like I do. It's worth any price.
It has been said "it is better to have loved and lost then to never have loved at all" i find thats unessecary if you just keep your love in a sound proof chamber in the basement.

{note floridians like me dont have basements in our trailers}

Trihan

Sorry I've been taking so long yarooze, but I promise promise promise that you will get them next week at the very latest. I'm going to devote all my time to finishing off Tom's lines for you.

Charity

I had a difficult time following the story.  I was a little bit confused about my character's motivations for most of it, and the appearance of the villain toward the end seemed a little out of nowhere.  I think more dialogue/narration would be helpful, especially at the beginning.  Also the ability to slow down the text when people are talking, as I had trouble keeping up with some of the longer lines.  The voice acting in the deluxe version should render reading speed moot, though.

Personally, I enjoyed the comic scenes.  They were fun and fast paced, in contrast to most in-engine animated scenes in amateur adventure games which tend to be a bit sparse and confined to a small area of the screen.

I loved the spam e-mail.  I started reading it and at first I thought it was going to be the plot of the game, but then I realized "oh, I'm reading a textbook example of an e-mail scam.  On a crystal ball.  Brilliant."

I'll definitely play the deluxe version when it comes out.

yarooze

Thanx guys! I'm glad, you like the figurine... :)

2Lyaer: As for the game plot, it was impossible to tell the whole story in the part one. It will be enough place in the part two for that. I tried to keep everything simple first. It is possible, that I made it to simple. May be it will be better with the voices, since the player hears the bad guy's voice in the intro...
I hope the "deluxe" version will be less confusing...   :)

Some WIP - a screen from the part II...  ::)

Yarooze
My Blog

yarooze

I reworked the game - added a couple of puzzles, sprites, animations, cut scenes...
but more important:

Very talented voice actors made the voices for the game characters.  :=

Azure - female voices
   Ethan Dapperwood - Tom
   Tango Dave - Jarukhai
   LordJerus - McDeath
   Thorbjoern Trashblitz - Zombies

here is the game:
download NecroQuest here ver.2.0.0.1

My Blog

Calin Leafshade

abstauber

Cool! Just in time for Christmas

downloading... (since I've missed the regular version)

Saurabh

Just started playing it, Graphics are pretty Gud, especially first BG, I loved it, though I don't like main character's sprite that much. Can you give a little info about background of story, it is bit confusing to start without knowing about the world. I will rate it as soon as I complete it.

Galen

I'd download it but Rapidshare is a deal breaker everytime. I either have to wait 120 seconds or I'm not allowed to download it at all, after that I get the slowest possible download speeds (200kbps MAX) with it frequently stopping downloading (I've had several rapidshare downloads with only an estimated minute left take an hour or two to download). If and when crapidshare decides I'm worthy of its services I'll probably give it a go though.

Leon

Downloading from the mirrorsite is much faster and without any troubles...
Ultimate Game Solutions - Because there is a solution for everything

sthomannch

try to use the mirror 1

crapidshare? you are still much too friendly :-)

Galen

Ah didn't spot the mirror. Just went into a bit of a blind rage after the quintillionth time I was unable to download something because it was hosted on a site which just wouldn't let me download the file.

david

Vista problem

Cannot run the Delux version in Vista, does anybody have the same problem?

yarooze

I'm glad to hear, you like it.  :)

2 david:  Some vista-troubles can be fixed with ags-setup. Try to change video settings.

2 sauyadav: The idea was to tell the background story in the game. I hide a lot of background there. The most questions will be answered in the next game. I don't want to spoiler to much... ;)
I'm also interested to hear, what the players see in the game.  ::)

Yarooze

PS. One more thank you to the voice actors! They made a really great job.
My Blog

Saurabh

In a way it is good that you haven't told anything about background of the story, it is making it more interesting. Now that I have completed it, I want to know more, you better release next episode soon I can't wait :P
And a Silent Hill reference to look forward too, its not helping!

I saw your Silent Hill 2 (My all time favorite Survival Horror) April Fool video, Awesome stuff!!! I was secretly hoping Konami make it for gameboy while watching it.

yarooze

Hm...
"Downloaded:   167 times" but "There are not yet enough votes for this game to present a useful average."   :(
What is wrong?  ???

Quote from: sauyadav on Fri 18/12/2009 14:23:28In a way it is good that you haven't told anything about background of the story, it is making it more interesting. Now that I have completed it, I want to know more, you better release next episode soon I can't wait :P
And a Silent Hill reference to look forward too, its not helping!

I want to make the second part much longer than first. The development can be quite long story, except I'll split it in the chapters... But I don't know right now. 

As for SH, the next part will have something to do with it. (This doesn't mean, I'll take the SH story. The story is still original.)

Did you find the SH easter eggs in the game?  ::)

Quote from: sauyadav on Fri 18/12/2009 14:23:28I saw your Silent Hill 2 (My all time favorite Survival Horror) April Fool video, Awesome stuff!!! I was secretly hoping Konami make it for gameboy while watching it.

At first I really wanted to port the game to GB.  ;D That was the in game graphic, but I drop the project after I saw the "Soundless Mountain". The game is brilliant and I can not top NES port even with Game Boy.  :'(
My Blog

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk