A pirates Tale -game completed and released

Started by shayavr, Mon 14/07/2008 15:59:10

Previous topic - Next topic

shayavr

Game released and available for download!

The programing has been completed
So now I'm running some tests for some fine tunnings
since the release of the DEMO i've made some modifications based on the forum responses. and also created my own GUI graphics.

game will be released on schedule early october  :D

For those of you who wait
release date of the full game is scheduled for october 2008

Playable DEMO available now!
http://www.4shared.com/file/56490185/553a8dfc/Pirate_Tale_DEMO.html

Storyline:
You play Nathaniel Goofellow, a deckboy onboard an english merchant ship. One night the ship harbors at Nodha island, at the caribbean sea, for a stop.

There Nathaniel learns of a great treasure hidden beneath a mysterious island belonged to a notorious undead pirate.

Along with a fellow crewmate and and a beutifull brave archeologist Nathaniel embark on an adventure to find the mysterious island, get the plunder and become a great pirate.

The game takes you through exotic abandoned islands, dark alleys, ancient monuments!
Along the way you will meet cutthroat pirates, outsmarting them or fighting them to get to your goal

Website
check out the website for more details: http://shayavr.webs.com/index.htm

graphics- 100%
puzzles-100%
scripting-100%
music/sound 100%

features:
Graphics 320x200
Sierra point n'click style
midi music
many rooms characters and puzzles

screenshots

the dude abides

Darth Mandarb

Forum Rules!!

Please read them and update your post or the thread will be locked.

Thank you.

Phemar

Hey this looks cool :) finish it!

DazJ

Very MI-esque. This will be interesting :)

Michael_TSM

Looks fun,
Your thumbnails look horrible, but when you zoom in the images that have an almost charming style about them.

Ubel

This looks excellent! I just wanted to say that. Can't really come up with any more constructive comments. :D

Please finish this, it looks like a fun game!

shayavr

Quote from: Michael_TSM on Sat 19/07/2008 02:12:12
Looks fun,
Your thumbnails look horrible, but when you zoom in the images that have an almost charming style about them.

Yeah I agree, the thumbnails don't look so good. I'm going to improve them. Thanx for the tip  ;)
the dude abides

m0ds

Looks cute! For a minute there I thought it featured giants! But alas, its just a hot air balloon lol...

shayavr

the dude abides

Michael_TSM

I enjoyed the demo, for all 5 minutes I was playing it.

One question, is there a mission to complete in the demo? All I know is that I have to find the captains key, however the drunken sailor said the person was with the key was in the town, and you can't go into the town in the demo. So am I missing something or is there something to do?

A few ideas, for what it's worth:
- As much as I enjoy 'what do we do with the druken sailor' as a song, I think it should only play while your talking to the druken pirate or your in a pub You should find something a bit longer and a bit more ambient for when your walking around.
- Remove the inconsistencies in your backgrounds i.e. the portrait in the captain's cabin and the globe, they don't fit into the enviroment, they jar with the rest the games design and break the illusion.

However that said, I enjoyed the dialogue and look forward to playing it again.

I like swashbuckling 16th,17th, 18th & 19th sail stories.

shayavr

The DEMO is quite short
you only get to walk around the ship, to get spirit of the game
this is just a first demo so I can get feedbacks and there is no partiqular mission on this one

Thanks for the remarks I will defenetly take them into consideretion

P.S the portrait in the captains cabin is of Robert Louis Stevenson, author of "Treasure island" which inspired me to create the game
I though i'll pay a small tribute  :)
the dude abides

shayavr

There has been a major progress with the scripting and the graphics
I'm scheduled to release the full version of the game this upcoming october.
hopefully there will be no delays. ;D
the dude abides

neon

I also played the demo and found the drunken sailor song very annoying after only playing one minute.
Please don't use it as soundtrack for the whole game.

Found a typo:
Spoiler
compleat -> complete
[close]

The walk animation could be improved, looks like the character is dancing while walking and, as said above, the pictures in the captains room really don't fit.

But the rest of the demo looks very nice, the graphic style is good, the dialogues seem to be really funny.

I think this will become a good one.

shayavr

Programing and graphics are fininshed  ;D
now just running some tests before releasing
should be right on schedule
hope you will enjoy this one.
the dude abides

Michael_TSM

Looking forward to it, have you been working on this game for awhile i.e. before you posted on these forums or are you just quick...

CosmoQueen

Early October huh? So that means it'll be out any day now! I can't wait :)
KPop and AGS....................that is my life.

shayavr

Quote from: Michael_TSM on Mon 08/09/2008 00:30:22
Looking forward to it, have you been working on this game for awhile i.e. before you posted on these forums or are you just quick...
Sorry for the delayed answer, just got back from NYC :D
Yes, i've worked over a year on this project, really took my time on this one, I made the post here only when it was about 80% done.
Glad to hear the good comments :)
the dude abides

robvalue

Hi there, I like this game, it seems fun.

I agree with those above, the drunken sailor remix is cool, but it should be used at particular points and not continually as it does get annoying on a loop.

I personally like the names of hotspots to come up when you're over them to know you've found something important, I think it makes games more playable.

Good luck with the project, I look forward to playing it!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk