Sprite Jam: It's a matter of social status - WINNER ANNOUNCED

Started by Fyntax, Mon 21/07/2008 22:56:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Fyntax

Oh no, someone or something has broken through the tower wall, to snatch the fair maiden living inside.

Just in front of your very eyes.

You only saw his hand but instantly you knew exactly who/what it was that broke through the wall, you must draw it so that your knights can find and bring back the girl before the others find out that your tower is empty.

You'd be made a laughing stock out of by the other kings and barons if your tower didn't contain a fair lady at all times.

This is what you saw:

bog

Fyntax

none, but if you use more colours than 256 it better well look like it, otherwise I'll draw points from it.

Evil

A MIDEVAL ROBOT! Who'd a thunk?

Meh, I had it envisioned in my head a lot different. Sweet hand idea, btw. And even better Jam idea. Gives the whole thing some unity.

No idea how many colors. 8 for the sprite, a few more for the background?

EdLoen

What a Tweeest!

It's not a horrible creature spiriting away some fair maiden.  It's just a boy, pretending to play King Kong.

---

I'm not gonna bother to shade this one.  Even though I know not doing so will take away from it.

There's also a few aspects I failed at which are pretty apparent.

abstauber

Sounds like the trailer of...

Mutant Brokeback Mountain 2
tremble in fear, mere mortals!

55 colors used for the sprite.

This movie might be as cheesy as all those sequels of "From Dusk Till Dawn".  ;D

Matti

It's nice but you forgot to draw the hands like they're in the given example

abstauber

oops, yeah - this should have been gray gloves  - thanks for the hint.
At first this was intended to be a knight-cowboy-mutant mix. But with a weather like that I got lazy and decided that a giant cowboy might be enough. But this hand-thingie.. I guess I can't avoid that 

Somehow I managed to get my backbone back.
So here's how it really happened:
blabla..Princess kidnapped..bla..bla.. everything happend exactly as described my Fyntax. Me and my man ran outside and found this:

An iron glove!

It instantly came to my mind, that someone's trying to frame someone (I would leave a razor blade glove if I'd like to blame Freddy Kruger for example).
This criminal might have tricked everyone else, but certainly not this sharp thinking detective/medieval knight/guard/whatever hero. So the only solution must be the one I drew. Or me and the guards had too much absinth ;)

Anyhow I might loose the competion, but justice is on my side :P

abstauber

@Matti
just wondering: nice in the sense of "this is going right on the fridge" ?  ;D

Fyntax

Matti

Damnit. I wanted to enter but I'm not at my PC these days. Well, next time..

@abstauber: Nice in the way of nicely drawn...

Fyntax

I hope you all enjoyed the extra eleven hours I apperantly gave you, it was of course a giant medival steam powered robot that took the princes to his deep underground lair deep in a dark forest.

Therefore Evil clearly wins,

as none of the other entries even resemble a robot, your knights come home empty handed and you will have brought disgrace to your family name.

Evil may start the next competition.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk