ShattenReyze - new screen - updated 10/09/29

Started by abstauber, Tue 05/08/2008 14:39:04

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

Matti

Hey, good to hear this is still in production and it's very good to hear that some very talented members are helping you with the game. The screenies are nice and I'm SO looking forward to the finished game.

Mh, since I liked the teaser very much I wonder why it doesn't have much to do with the game anymore. Could you say a bit more about the story (so far) and why it has significantly changed? Cause it sounds similar to what was shown in the teaser.

abstauber

Thanks for you support, guys. Good to know, you're still there :)

@Matti: About the teaser... well, technically spoken, almost everything has changed/improved. The graphics are all new and it also got much more exciting.
As far as the story is concerned, only minor things have been changed. One of the bigger changes is the connection of those two dimensions as they're now connected via music. This way, it's way easier to create logical puzzles - not to mentions, it's a lot more fun to play.

As soon as those graphics finalize, I'll post some more screenies and some explainations.

Matti

Right, the graphics have changed, so the teaser is obsolete, makes sense. ::)

Well, good luck with further progress, I'll keep an eye on this project.

Dualnames

You have a team, I'd be jealous of..
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Angel Dust

Many apologies for contributing nothing to the project and then dropping off from the face of the earth, my life has been pretty chock-a-block in the last year or so! Still it looks like it was for the best as you've now got a great team together and the game is looking fantastic. I look forward to playing it :)

abstauber

Angel Dust! ;D

Well, it's good to see you back, even if it's just for the moment. By the way, your account hasn't been locked yet. So if you like to leave a message there as well, don't bother :)

kaputtnik

Quote from: abstauber on Thu 09/07/2009 12:29:32
So if you like to leave a message there as well, don't bother :)

I think what he meant to say was "just go ahead!". Good old abstauber, always in for a puzzling contradiction.  ??? 8) :-X

On another note: We (Which is Ben and abstauber and Kastchey, but not me at the moment) are actually making progress of a most delectable kind. Action-packed action, love-packed love and acoustic guitar-packed guitar  - this will not fail to impress even the most hard-boiled adventure game aficionado!
I, object.

abstauber

Thanks for the double bottom. I hope I'm not doing it that often. ;D
@Angel Dust: I'm sorry, of course I've meant don't hesitate.

Anyway based on the last post, here's a cheesy flyer to catch your interest :)

Igor Hardy

The flyer is eye-catching, but I would add some inventory items in there, so it is clear that it is an adventure game.

abstauber

Hehe, this flyer is only for this place and maybe for the webby. I've only made it, so you can guess what happens in the middle panel ;)

Chicky

Angel Dust

Quote from: abstauber on Tue 14/07/2009 08:49:23
@Angel Dust: I'm sorry, of course I've meant don't hesitate.
:) Haha. I admit I was intially taken aback but I quickly realised it was just a typo/translation error!

AngelicCharon

Y'know, I really should've commented on this before.

The backgrounds alone look fabulous, the sound of the game/theme sound great, overall it looks like it'll be fantastic.

Can't wait to see more, or hear more...and that little flyer does exude a little 'guitar hero mini-game' thought or three. :)

TerranRich

Ooh, Guitar Hero mini-game would be awesome.

The graphics look amazing, abstauber, and so does the entire game. Can't wait to play it!

Darth Mandarb

AngelicCharon - While it was only just over 90 days ... you still bumped a thread over 90 days old (doesn't matter if it was mentioned somewhere else, it's still the rules!).  Please do not do so again, thanks!

AngelicCharon

Sorry about that Darth Mandarb.  I didn't look at the posting date.  I was just referring to the topic today by the topic creator, so felt compelled to comment on it.

Next time, I'll pay closer attention to the date. :)

TerranRich

With all due respect, abstauber brought it to our attention in the #ags chat room, so we felt compelled to respond. But you are, of course, right, Darth. :)

abstauber

Hey, thanks for not locking this ;) I actually had in mind to post an update today.

So, my fault. Next time I upload some content first and make promotion afterwards. Still thanks for the comments guys :)

abstauber

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk