Started by Grundislav, Wed 13/08/2008 21:46:05

Previous topic - Next topic

Grundislav

Grundislav Games proudly presents:
Ben Jordan: Paranormal Investigator
in
Case 7 - The Cardinal Sins

The Story
It's Christmas Eve in Rome.  What should be a joyful occasion becomes a senseless tragedy as a priest is murdered in cold blood. Back home in Philadelphia, Ben Jordan receives a phone call from the man accused of the crime, begging him to go to Rome and clear his name.  Seeing this as a chance to prove his career choice to his disapproving family, Ben calls up his friends and starts another investigation.  However, Ben doesn't realize that this will be the toughest case he's ever had, as many questions will be answered, and some lives will be lost...

Screenshots

Visit opulent Catholic churches!

Enjoy awkward reunions with old friends!

Put the "fun" in "dysfunctional" family dinners!

Investigate gruesome crime scenes!

Only one day late, not too bad!

Features
- Full Voice Acting
- Designer Commentary

Download here

As an added bonus, you can download the amazing soundtrack by Peter Gresser here.

Enjoy the game!  It's sort of on the short side, but I hope the story makes up for it.  Only one more game to go before this whole thing ends, so savor it while it lasts.  :)

LUniqueDan

We were waiting, Grundy, we were waiting.

:P
"I've... seen things you people wouldn't believe. Destroyed pigeon nests on the roof of the toolshed. I watched dead mice glitter in the dark, near the rain gutter trap.
All those moments... will be lost... in time, like tears... in... rain."

Mike S.

FUCK YES. Oh god, I've been waiting.... and it has probably all paid off.

Here it goes...

(thanks Grundislav, you rock)

(if this surpasses my favorite, Case 3, in awesomeness - you get one internet)

IndieBoy

Quote from: Calin Elephantsittingonface on Tue 08/02/2011 09:00:55
The only person in favour of the mobs seems to be IndieBoy.. but he's scottish so we dont listen to him anyway.

JayBTV

Downloading now!!  Thanks!

SSH

nihilyst

Okay, just played it half-through or so, and I really like what you've done here. Never saw an AGS game with lip-sync until now; it really looks realistic. The voices are all well chosen; unfortunately, not all of them are of the same recording quality. Graphics are as always, and the story seems very intriguing so far. The music is kick-ass!

Wow!

Anteater

bicilotti

Quote from: IndieBoy on Wed 13/08/2008 22:11:34
OH YEAH!!!

And, so far (day 2), almost flawless italian dialogues / well researched locations.

nihilyst

I might have found a "bug":
Spoiler
Ben convinces his friends to break into Bianchi's apartment by knowing that he is involved in this Anthony's Knights thing. But it is not neccessary to find out, that the suicide note is actually written be him and not by Alessandro.

Also, when talking to Alice after they managed to get the keys from Bianchi's apartment, Ben walks to the left side of the room, although Alice is located right.
[close]

Layabout

Har! Brilliant. It was my fault for the lateness of the game. I held grundislav at gunpoint to remove some 'incriminating material' from the game.
I am Jean-Pierre.

LimpingFish

Great stuff so far. It's amazing to see how well all the voices fit together.

Lovely music too. Great job all round, Grundislav! :D
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

Fade to White

Just completed it, and I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed it. The plot moved along at a decent pace, and the ending was great (if a little infuriating). There were also some moments that made me laugh out loud, specifically Ben's confession regarding 'greed' and his pretending to be the pope. I'll definately play it through again with the directors commentary later.

All in all, great job.

Ghost

D'load success! I shall enjoy this!!!  ;)

Mike S.

It's-a-me, the pope! Oh god, this was the funniest and the most saddening Ben Jordan game ever. Sometimes it would feel like almost a kid's game, just so fun and lighthearted, but sometimes it got... I dunno, I shivered during some parts. Especially towards the end.

Never has a game ended on such a cliffhanger that I'm literally begging for more.

nihilyst

You're right, the ending really is great and giving me the creeps. Great game!

Jeffers

I think this is my new favorite Ben Jordan Game as far as story, voices, etc. but I'm sad to say the difficulty in puzzles went down a smidge since the previous two games. This one only took me about two and a half hours. Nonetheless, I loved every minute of it.
I can't help but wonder if there are two endings? I love the cliffhanger, but I was 4 or 5 points off from a full score, so I didn't know if there was a slightly more satisfying ending...or at least a couple of easter eggs I may have missed.

By the way, my favorite quote right now is from the smoking man: "It looks like one of those things psychologists show you. I see a puppy. Does that mean I'm crrrazy?"  ;D

bicilotti

And so I've reached the end. I'll try to keep my sentences short, since here it is 5:43 AM (creepy sequence, btw):

-Limping fish has a charming voice

-
Spoiler
I wish I could kill the Mario brothers someway. The white glove was appalling. :P
[close]

-the background of the story was carefully researched. For example
Spoiler
I live quite near Padova, and the character of Sant'Antonio is depicted in a very precise and correct way.
[close]
I'm a bit more wary on the latin sentences, but who knows latin these days.

-I liked very much the choice of Verdi. The choice of having the sound "toned down" since it was coming from another room was a nice surprise to my ears.

Finally a little question: the picture in the starting GUI reminds me of something... Durer peraphs?

Grundislav

The menu screen is the Schongauer engraving of the Temptation of St. Anthony that Father McNamara mentions.

bicilotti

Quote from: Grundislav on Thu 14/08/2008 04:57:50
The menu screen is the Schongauer engraving of the Temptation of St. Anthony that Father McNamara mentions.

I was quite near, since (I just discovered) Durer did work as an apprentice under Schongauer.

Excellent choice!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk