Quest for Glory 2 VGA

Started by Erpy, Mon 25/08/2008 08:44:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Erpy

AGD Interactive is proud to present one of the most awaited fangames ever. After a long and hard development process, the game went gold around midnight on the 24th/25th of august.

AGD Interactive has taken great care to maintain the charm, atmosphere and gameplay of the original while implementing features here and there to make the experience more enjoyable for both newcomers and veterans alike. Seeing how long it's been in production and how many people have heard of it, there's probably little I can add, other than...come and get it, Effendi.

Visit the completely revamped site at http://www.agdinteractive.com

Joneleth

Woohoo! Thanks ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Dixon

Congratulations! I'm downloading now. I've been waiting for this game since around the time when KQ1VGA was released. That seems like ages ago. This must be the biggest and most ambitious fangame project that has been released I think. So to be able to pull this of its... I'm speechless. Big hugs to all of you at AGD!

Buckethead

Wow almost too proffesional to be true!  :D

Leon

Congrats!

I've seen the 'behind the scenes' recently. Very impressive stuff. Good thing Bank Holidays exist. Will be playing this one later today.

Thanks.
Ultimate Game Solutions - Because there is a solution for everything

Frodo

Quote from: Leon on Mon 25/08/2008 10:53:14
Good thing Bank Holidays exist. Will be playing this one later today.

Urgh.  No bank holiday here.  I have to wait for tonight. 

xenogia

Thank you so much, I have been waiting many years for this release.  Thank you so much.

DutchMarco

I've never ever seen any of the original QfG-games in their day, so thanks for giving me the chance to catch up! Loading it down now.

xenogia

Just completed the game being my favourite class "magic user".  Brilliant remake, but I did wish for some the graphics mainly sprites in this occasion to look slighty different. But generally, one  amazing effort and definetly worth the wait.

jason

Wow! I've been waiting for this one! I can't wait to play...  ;D

Thank you Erpy and especially the AGD's!

lo_res_man

Wow, you finally did it! Let's see, I am 21, and it  took 8 years... Wow, I waited my whole teenagehood for this! Will it be worth it? I darn well hope so! Kudos, I am seriously impressed with you guys!
†Å"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge.†
The Restroom Wall

Storygamer

AWESOME!!!!!  Downloaded it, playing it...don't think I can ever go back to the original now.  I can't even imagine the amount of work you must have put into this--it's a gorgeous game.

Quick question for you.  My original QFG1 character was a thief in the QFG1 remake who spent points on the "other class" skills at the beginning of the game, so as to, in effect, be all three classes in one.  Interestingly enough, when I imported him into classic QFG2, the game recognised him as a Fighter, instead of a Thief--but I guess he still had the Thief Sign on his hand, because in this and in later games, I was still able to join Thieves' Guilds and use their services.  (Needless to say, I became a Paladin and was now FOUR classes in one).

My question for you is: If one uses your remake instead of classic QFG2, is this sort of (admittedly exploitative) progression possible?  Is it possible to import a thief as a fighter (thus gaining the ability to become a paladin) without losing the ability to make use of thief guilds?

Thanks in advance!

AGD2

Yes, this is a feature we added to the game at the very last minute. You'll now be able to change your class if it gets recognized as the wrong type upon importing it into the remake. ;D

neon

Downloaded it and I'm still playing. Looks very good so far. Will there be a speech pack in the future like it was in KQ?

Storygamer

Quote from: AGD2 on Tue 26/08/2008 14:01:24
Yes, this is a feature we added to the game at the very last minute. You'll now be able to change your class if it gets recognized as the wrong type upon importing it into the remake. ;D

Excellent!  But if I import my thief as a fighter, will he still be able to join the Thieves' Guild in this and later QFGs?  This worked before but I don't know if it will work now.

Erpy

It will. To join thief guilds you only need thief skills, not necessarily a thief class.

And there most likely will not be a voice pack. Way too many lines in there.

rharpe

Who needs a voice pack when you can read it out loud in whatever voice you like? LOL!

You guys did a great job with the game. It still has that old feel to it which is the most important thing for me. (My older brother and I played this game back when it was new in the early 90s... great memories!)

"Hail to the king, baby!"

horace

Hi.
Thanks a lot for the game. I really love these series.
I don't know if this is the appropriate place to report a bug, but I didn't find a dedicated thread in the bugsechnical section.

In WIT, I'm being asked the question "what is the element most appropriate for the owner of the magic shop"
which is another character's puzzle. Apart from that, it doesn't recognize the correct answer.

I restarted with the same class character, and it let me in all right. Though I'm sadly too far into the game to restart.

Erpy

Yeah, that's a bug. For some reason the label's text doesn't get set properly. The answers to the WIT questions are your name, "magic"/"to be a wizard"/"to learn magic" that sort of thing. Then you just click your sponsor.

AGD2

Yes, someone else reported this obscure bug, too. We haven't been able to replicate it yet. You don't, by chance, happen to have a savegame prior to entering WIT which demonstrates this glitch, do you?  If so, could you please email it to info-at-agdinteractive.com (replacing -at- with @). That would be handy. Thanks.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk