Colouring Ball: Grease, Copper, Circuits & Neon (30 Aug. - 4 Sept.)

Started by , Sat 30/08/2008 11:52:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghost

Grease, Copper, Circuits & Neon
We've all seen them, we all love them, and some of them are already among us,
building our cars, defending us against alien invaders and asking us for a nice
game of chess each time we want to warm up that leftover meat loaf.
Robots are cool. So let's colour one!

Rules

Let's keep it retro. No fancy filters, no blurry stuff. Let's do truly oldfashioned craft
here; that means: Sharp pen tools only, no scaling, resizing, flipping and defenitely
NO lens flares.

Apart from that: No colour limit. You can also remove some of the inner lines, or
replace them, or whatever. I kept the outline thicker, so you should have no trouble
working with that.

I also left the left hand free to allow you some creativity- what could this 'bot wield?
If you don't want to add something, well, just leave it free.

Rating
A cool colour swatch, neat neon, totally unsuspected bursts of creativity... I'd say that
this time, the looks count. Really, go and take my breath away!

Time Frame
Unfortunately, I will start an internship at Friday the 5th, so I set the deadline to
Thuesday, 4th, late at night if necessary. That way, I can hand out the trophies before
I disappear from the map for three weeks... I apologize for that slightly short time frame,
but, well... please bear with me.  ;)

So, go get colouring!

Domino

I AM OUT...PHOTOBUCKET REMOVED MY PIC. CARTOON BOOBS VIOLATED THEIR POLICIES.

SORRY.

Dualnames

I call her.. The Saber Death-Bringer Sith Masked Woman/Android. Or you can call her Jin Jin.

so that's my entry Jin Jin. Please do zoom in to see the detail i've put into. I like her right arm.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Arboris

Concept shooter. Demo version 1.05

Ghost

... which wouldn't surprise me, since this is where I got my outline ;) Great entries so far, and Domino, no worries, I saw yours and will take it into account!

EdLoen

Quote from: Ghost on Tue 02/09/2008 18:57:22
... which wouldn't surprise me, since this is where I got my outline ;) Great entries so far, and Domino, no worries, I saw yours and will take it into account!

I was actually gonna do Gally (original name for Alita) when i first saw this thread XD. But I guess I'll pass now lol

CodeJunkie

EDIT: Phew, made it in time!

Glow effect was rushed, may fix that sometime.

Lamak

Same thing here...

Gah ! Not enough time !! Might as well post it now...

...(and polish it in a few months, hahaha...)

Ghost

I'll close at 4 in the morning and then catch my train to beautiful (and boring) internship days, so take your time. The entries so far are great, why not add some? ;)

Dualnames

4 in the morning is like in 2 hours?
if you have time join the bloody stickam room btw. All of you.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Domino

Re-entry....I know it sucks, but PB removed my original picture.

Had to do some censoring.

edit: The sex-bot had big boobs and was asking for sex and the little guy in her hand was saying YES!!!

Hey Photobucket....Kiss my Ass!!!

Ghost

Whee, heating up at the last minute, eh?

First: SpaceBoy

Second: CodeJunkie

Third: Andie R.

Thanks for participating everyone!

CodeJunkie

Nice one space!  Good theme too, ambitious choice of outline but it worked well.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk