Fortnightly writing competition September 15-29: Video games, WINNER ANNOUNCED

Started by olafmoriarty, Mon 15/09/2008 09:50:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Simple

Looks like I just missed the contest...I always enjoy writing exercises though.  I'll try to make the next one.
Larry Vales:  Reloaded production blog:
http://larryvales.wordpress.com

Simple

Quote from: TwinMoon on Tue 30/09/2008 15:59:49
You still got a day :=

Today is the 30th!  Maybe I skipped over a post with the extension.

Oh well.  I'll give it some thought and if I get anything good in mind tonight I'll write it up and post.  Either way, I'll be better prepared for the next one.   ;D
Larry Vales:  Reloaded production blog:
http://larryvales.wordpress.com

DanielH

I know it's not really my job, seeing as this is olaf's competition, but I'll just leave these here:

Quick 5 min job in paint, enjoy. :)

Jack Sheehan

I finished it! You can start the voting now if you like, or wait for anyone else. Entry in original post.

By the way, there are so many entries this time could we have a longish voting period? Say 2-3 days?

olafmoriarty

Okay, a little late, but let the voting begin! Two votes each.

You have two days to vote, so that should be Friday (October 3rd) at 8:45 AM GMT, right? If anyone really needs more time to read all the contributions, say so, but give it a try first.

And I was really intending to make some throphies, but DanielH's are so sheer awesomeness that I just have to use those instead.

Good luck, everybody!

The contestants are:
Bluke4x4: Warning forever
DanielH: Beneath a steel sky
Eggie: Rageball
Jack Sheehan: Dead rising
kaputtnik: Traffic department 2192
Krazy: Zworx
rock_chick: Runaway
TwinMoon: Sam 'n Max hit the road

Eggie

I vote Bluke4x4 and rock_chick.

kaputtnik

My sincere and heartfelt votes go to Warning Forever and Zworx. Thumbs up for the other entries, too!
I, object.

Bluke4x4

rock_chick

Jack Sheehan

Arrgh! Computer troubles, I can't check often. My votes go to Daniel H and TwinMoon. Kudos to everyone for making this one one of the most successful compos ever!

TwinMoon

olafmoriarty

No problem.

EDIT fifteen minutes before voting ends: My votes goes go Eggie's "Rageball" and DanielH's "Beneath a Steel Sky".

TwinMoon

Damn, there are three entries I really like: Dead Rising, Rageball & Warning Forever.

But if I have to choose I'll vote for Jack Sheehan and Eggie.

olafmoriarty

Okay, that means all votes are in...

The winner is DanielH with his story «Beneath a steel sky».

Shared second place: Bluke4x4, Eggie, Jack Sheehan and Krazy.

Thanks to everybody who participated -- DanielH, your turn to put together the next competition.

This was FUN!

DanielH

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk