Glitch Quest- A Semi-Playable Semi-Joke Game *COMPLETE-Testing Phase*

Started by ags_newbie, Sat 06/09/2008 03:01:31

Previous topic - Next topic

ags_newbie

UPDATED Sep 7 2008

Glitch Quest is now complete!

New Thread

Glitch Quest is pretty much a joke game. It does actually have puzzles, and a (bit of a) plot, but the graphics, sound, and text are all deliberately glitchy. In fact, the puzzle is blatently obvious, but hidden by the glitches. The game is 100% interactive and playable, but I used a custom glitch font to make the text unreadable. Oh yes- this game is made with AGS 2.61 which is still my favourite version. I don't like the new scripting and the V3 interface is weird to me.

The plot goes something like this- you're a knight, rescuing a princess. You decide you need some extra boost, and use another cheat. Well, that last cheat drops you into the Glitch World, where everything is glitchy. Your mission is simple- get out. That is unfortunately complecated by unreadable text and the fact that you are now a collection of glitch blocks.

Glitch Quest uses parts of the Insta-Game pack (though it is not an Insta-Game) and some ROtN resources. If the authors wish the content removed, please PM me and I will modify the game accordingly.

Here's the progress indicator. All values are VERY rough estimates.
Total: 90%
Graphics: 100%
Sound: 100%
Scripting/Interaction: 100%

I'm on the testing phase now:
Testing: 15%
Adjusting: 0%

And finally, some screenshots!

Enter the Glitch World!

Reality-On-The-Norm is part of Glitchworld as well! So is Insta-Game.

Some of you may have heard of 'M, the glitch pokemon.

Please leave any comments, questions, or (preferably constructive) criticism.
Alpha V1
Don't confuse me with AGS Newbie!

Proud user of AGS 2.61... still!

Cyrus

Looks well! I think you should release the video!

wotmeworry

It's pretty cool! Plus, I love the joke games much more than the serious games.

Zyargeikunn

Quote from: ags_newbie on Sat 06/09/2008 03:01:31
Some of you may have heard of 'M, the glitch pokemon.

Actually I only heard of "MissingNo" (which is only another result of the same glitch, I assume) and it's gonna be mentioned in my first adventure. Glad to hear that it's not too obscure...(I must admit I never caught a glitch Pokemon....I'm afraid of glitches).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk