Glitch Quest: A Semi-Playable Somewhat-Joke Game!

Started by ags_newbie, Mon 08/09/2008 03:16:30

Previous topic - Next topic

ags_newbie

Old Thread: http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/yabb/index.php?topic=35486.0

Glitch Quest is a deliberately glitchy game set in a glitchy Glitch World. I'm still not sure whether to call it a joke game or a real one, because it is somewhere in between. Everything is made to look glitchy, but there is a (bit of a) plot and real (but easy) puzzles. It is fairly short, although I do not know the average play time because I know all the puzzles. I used AGS 2.61 because I don't like the new scripting or the new interface. Glitch Quest uses ROtN resources and parts of the Insta-Game pack. There is a full list of credits in the readme file.

The plot goes something like this- you're a knight, rescuing a princess. You decide you need some extra boost, and use another cheat. Well, that last cheat drops you into the Glitch World, where everything is glitchy. Your mission is simple- get out. That is unfortunately complecated by unreadable text and the fact that you are now a collection of glitch blocks.

Currently the game is in the alpha stage and in need of testing. So if any of you are interested, download the game and play it. Please report bugs, glitches (of the non-deliberate kind), and any problems.

Download!

Progress Indicator:
Total: 90%
Testing: 15% (done by me)
Adjustment: 0% (don't know what needs to be done)
CURRENT VERSION: Public Alpha V1

Screenshots:

Enter the Glitch World!

Reality-On-The-Norm is part of Glitchworld as well! So is Insta-Game.

Some of you may have heard of 'M, the glitch pokemon.
Don't confuse me with AGS Newbie!

Proud user of AGS 2.61... still!

Joe

Copinstar © Oficial Site

Lufia

Upon reading your description, I thought that was a neat idea for a game. After actually playing the game... well, "semi-playable" is clearly an overstatement.

As I've no idea what I'm doing (which I guess is the point), my peregrinations consist in trying to guess what could be a hotspot and what doesn't look like one. Basically, it's turning out to be a game-wide pixel hunt, something for which I have very little patience.

Moreover, I've no idea what the things in my inventory are, so my only option would be to resort to the "use everything on everything" method, something which obviously can only stay bearable for a very short time.

A glitch thingy I don't think is intentional: my inventory resolutely stays at 4 items, which means that at some points I couldn't access some items.

I haven't accomplished anything in the game and I really don't feel like trying anymore. That's sad, because as I said in the beginning, I thought it was a really funny idea for a game.

ags_newbie

I hate pixel hunts too. However, I never intended the game to be playable. However, if anyone wants a version that has readable text, then I can release one. I could also release a readme that includes explinations and a walkthrough.

The inventory thing is far from intentional. I'll look into that.
Don't confuse me with AGS Newbie!

Proud user of AGS 2.61... still!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk