Nedy's Adventure: The curse of Vera (NEW Deluxe v1.4)GOOD TRANSLATION

Started by Joe, Fri 12/09/2008 17:36:43

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

Nedy's Adventure: The curse of Vera (Deluxe)
NEW VERSION!!!

Story

The Carbon captain has kidnapped you to have someone to resolve the cursed island mistery, she makes you jump from the airplane with your parachute, and then you must guide Nedy to escape from the island.
You'll get into trouble and it won't be easy to escape...

Screenshots

Before jumping from the airplane

In the island...

DOWNLOAD HERE
(9.1 Mb)

For those who are stressed out: this game is your solution, you'll play with a really realxing music which will take you to one of the most big pleasures. Have fun playing!!!! :)

Game features:
Resolution: 320x240
Game style: Point 'n click
Rooms: about 20
Characters to interact with: about 10

Changes from its first release:
*Added lucasarts style statusline
*Some graphics improved
*Interface completely changed (everything now is more lovely)
*Added lots of comments in look mode and other modes
*Lots of errors fixed
*Exact walkbehinds
*More things I can't remember

Changes from its second release:
*Minor graphics problems
*Readded Cycle cursor using the mouse secondary button
*The ablity to set the mouse mode usin keyboard keys like: 'I': Interact...
*Some translation issues

Changes from its third release:
*Some graphics improved
*Modified some wrong texts
*GOOD  ENGLISH TRANSLATION, thanks SUPER DRE!!

Languages:
English and Spanish
Copinstar © Oficial Site

Dualnames

Seems good, but those screenshots are surely a bit of blurry.

Spetember = september..
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Joe

Thanks Dualnames! It has been 10 days working only in this project hehe!

I'm uploading now not blurry screenshots!! :)
Copinstar © Oficial Site

Dualnames

Quote from: Joe Carl on Sat 13/09/2008 20:57:04

Now that does look decent.. ok I'll edit this and tell you what i think of the game,
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Joe

Quote from: neon on Sat 13/09/2008 21:20:36
Mistey = Mistery?
Edited
Ok sorry  ;)
Copinstar © Oficial Site

Joe

Quote from: Dualnames on Sat 13/09/2008 23:35:17
Quote from: Joe Carl on Sat 13/09/2008 20:57:04

Now that does look decent.. ok I'll edit this and tell you what i think of the game,

Did you play it or something?
Copinstar © Oficial Site

kaputtnik

I played what seemed more than halfway through it. The game is pretty relaxing indeed. Puzzles were quite easy, but nevertheless well thought-out, there were some nice animations - not much of an elaborate story or deep characters, heaps of spelling glitches and typos.

But then again: That relaxing muzak. And my favourite quote in an AGS game in a long time:   

"Poor guy! As long he has this cheese round his head he loses his memory."
I, object.

Joe

Quote from: kaputtnik on Tue 16/09/2008 20:17:04
I played what seemed more than halfway through it. The game is pretty relaxing indeed. Puzzles were quite easy, but nevertheless well thought-out, there were some nice animations - not much of an elaborate story or deep characters, heaps of spelling glitches and typos.

But then again: That relaxing muzak. And my favourite quote in an AGS game in a long time:   

"Poor guy! As long he has this cheese round his head he loses his memory."

Ha ha thanks for playing!!! I'm really happy because you liked it!!

The quote lol!! thanks again :D
Copinstar © Oficial Site

Joe

Hi again: This game has been updated to its ---- 1.3 Deluxe version ----

I made this because of the comments in the regular download.

Changes from its second release:
*Minor graphics problems
*Readded Cycle cursor using the mouse secondary button
*The ablity to set the mouse mode usin keyboard keys like: 'I': Interact...
*Some translation issues

-----------------

The translation is a problem so if someone is interested in cleaning my translation source please tell. It would be really nice!!!  :)

PD: It's just modifying the source , not begin from 0...
Copinstar © Oficial Site

SuperDre

Just finished it.

I really liked the graphix, but as you say, the translation is a problem, it is really bad at some points...
Also the fact that some information is in spanish only doesn't make it any easier to play (even a stopper as some clue's are spanish only)..
So the places where you used spanish in the graphix itself should at least have a 'look at' translation of the information, at this moment it doesn't have any 'look at' information at all..

Also one of the other things that really was annoying where the questions, that was real bad gamedesign... If you really have some of those questions, make them about the game, not some random questions which have nothing to do with the game and only makes the player have to actually guess.. that's just real bad gamedesign... Also you got the answer wrong yourself, Chewbacca wasn't 300 years old, but 200 during ANH, and died at the age of 225... Those starwars questions really didn't have anything to do with the game.. I'm sorry it really annoyed the hell out of me.. and also what was up with solving that dudes puzzles without it having any influence on the game..

Just send me a pm if you have a list of all the 'translated' dialog and want me to adjust some of them..

My advice for version 1.4:
- better translation
- have a translated 'look at' on any spanish images
- change the questions to OR more appropriate questions OR with some other itempuzzles..

Also one other thing, you've got a nice logo, but try to make the intro use ingame 'animation' instead of relying on external programs.. But that's a thing that's still missing from AGS itself, a simple internal movieplayer..

But as I said, the rest I really like... oh, and please refrain from using spanish in these forums (hints etc), I had to use google translate to actually read some of the questions/answers..

Looking forward to your next game...

Joe

Thanks SuperDre for your commen.
I really undestand your report, but not the one of the StarWars questions, It's just a little wink to my favourite films. Sorry for the Chewbacca wrong answer, in the next version I'll change it to:

Q:How old was chewbacca whe he died? A: 225

Anyway If you are interested in making me the wondelful favoure of adjusting my 'translation'  I'll give you the translation source When I add the "look at" descriptions to spanish images.

So thanks very much!!!
Copinstar © Oficial Site

SuperDre

Quote from: Joe Carl on Sat 23/05/2009 13:48:26
I really undestand your report, but not the one of the StarWars questions, It's just a little wink to my favourite films. Sorry for the Chewbacca wrong answer, in the next version I'll change it to:

Q:How old was chewbacca whe he died? A: 225

Yes, I gathered that from the questions, SW is a great universe.. the original trilogy are also my favorite movies (the new trilogy just sucks IMHO, even though they were entertaining)..

Quote from: Joe Carl on Sat 23/05/2009 13:48:26Anyway If you are interested in making me the wondelful favoure of adjusting my 'translation'  I'll give you the translation source When I add the "look at" descriptions to spanish images.

So thanks very much!!!

Just send me the translation sources (ofcourse not in spanish as I don't understand much of spanish), and I'll try to fix as much as possible.. but since it's been 3 years now since you released your game, so maybe your own english has gotten better as well so you can already fix some stuff..

Keith Weisshar

I'm getting a "The bandwidth or page view limit for this site has been exceeded and the page cannot be viewed at this time. Once the site is below the limit, it will once again begin serving as normal." error message when I try to download the game.  Do you have any mirror for this game?

Joe

Hi, I'm sorry to tell you that I have no mirror, but I've uploaded right now a new version of the game with some changes (see in the first post). And I'd like to thank SuperDre for all his work with the english translation!!!

EDIT: Now there's a mirror in mediafire: http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/games.php?category=1&action=download&game=804&mirror=1
Copinstar © Oficial Site

nigazz

Joe

Copinstar © Oficial Site

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk