SPRITEJAM -Inanimate Evil- (9/12-9/19) !!winners announced!!

Started by EdLoen, Sat 13/09/2008 02:45:46

Previous topic - Next topic

EdLoen

Oh Noes!  An evil scientist has created a ray gun that makes inanimate objects come to life.....eeeviiil life!

The job I pass onto you is to create any inanimate object (potted plant, flashlight, stick of gum, whatever) and give it whatever evil life form that you can concoct. 

-No color limit
-no size limit, though please keep it reasonable for a sprite.
-No robots (to obvious lol)

ThreeOhFour

x2

Watch out, Admiral Flapjack! It's your arch nemesis Professor Pan and he's on the prowl! Watch out for his face - it's sizzling hot and you'll be burnt to a crisp! Best get out of the kitchen before you're all out of butter.

IndieBoy

It's the evil pencil!

Created to be the only piece stationary available when a pen is urgently needed and the lead will snap every time you try to write.
Quote from: Calin Elephantsittingonface on Tue 08/02/2011 09:00:55
The only person in favour of the mobs seems to be IndieBoy.. but he's scottish so we dont listen to him anyway.

EdLoen

great entries so far guys!

let's home more comes in.

Monk

Mein Gott! Ze Evil Trash Can!!

(revamped and made in png! :P)

Khris

gypsysnail

And here is a nasty horrible evil taxi bug with smelly rotten sharp fangs!!!! Oh vw beetles can be so dangerous when tousled and teased long enough! ;)

Believe in afterlife! It's true in a metamorphical way ;)
Ken & Roberta - my inspiration!! 20 years.
U are what you love doing and passionate about - keep up what you love most.

Misj'

Quote from: EdLoen on Sat 13/09/2008 02:45:46
Oh Noes!  An evil scientist has created a ray gun that makes inanimate objects come to life.....eeeviiil life!

After his son died Dr. Humbrey lost his mind en spend all his time finding a way to bring his son back from the dead. When he created the '(re)surrection'-beam he accidentally aimed for the mug his son has made for the world's bestest daddy. There was however a side-effect: not only did the mug come to life...it absorbed all anger of the Humbrey, and turned evil. On that day the mug killed its creator and decided to live for a single goal: to take over the world and become it's General and Dictator (the usual stuff).

All hail the General!

(Created as a nemesis for this guy)

petazzo

And here's the evil alarm clock! ! We'll not sleep tonight...

(I hope it's not too late for my entry.)
I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.
(Groucho Marx)

EdLoen

not at all. 

I have double shifts today so the winners will be announced late tonight. Until then, the contest will remain open.  ^__^

OK the time  is right and my decisions are made (and i'll explain my decisions as well ;) )

And the Evil-Rockie's go to.....

[1st place] Misj'!   
At first I didn't want to choose this one because  it's the most hi-res piece and takes full advantage of the no color limit (Not that that's a bad thing lol) and looks more  like character art, versus character sprite.... HOWEVER, after looking over  all the entries, this entry does have the most character, and is thoroughly well designed for what it's concept is.

[2nd place] Ben304!
Ben get's second place  for the sole reason that with only four colors he made a very exquisite pan whose expression is also quite dead (a cookie to you if you put that bad gag together lol).  I do know that I would not have been able to do that quite as well as Ben did so kudos.  You deserve every bit in this comp.

[3rd place]petazzo
This choice had to have been even harder for me then first place.  I was torn between petazzo's clock, and monk's trash can.  But in the end I give it to petazzo.  The clock shows some nice pixels and you utalized the face hands not only as eyebrows, but also as an effective 3/4 view.  Just watch out though, monk's Can may now chase you down for sweeping 3rd with an entry right before the wire lol.

Now then, i must say this.

Honorable mention goes to IndieBoy... Just because the pencil's expression makes me laugh XD. 

gypsysnail

And... can you please give me some feedback on what is wrong with mine? I didnt even get a mention so I'd like to know where I went wrong please.
Believe in afterlife! It's true in a metamorphical way ;)
Ken & Roberta - my inspiration!! 20 years.
U are what you love doing and passionate about - keep up what you love most.

Monk

Misj'

QuoteAt first I didn't want to choose this one because  it's the most hi-res piece and takes full advantage of the no color limit (Not that that's a bad thing lol) and looks more  like character art, versus character sprite.... HOWEVER, after looking over  all the entries, this entry does have the most character, and is thoroughly well designed for what it's concept is.

Thanks for the honour, and please give me a few days to set up the next iteration of the SpriteJam.

On a sitenote, I think the character is quite usable as a sprite, although it would require classical animation (like Torin's Passage, Monkey Island 3, or King's Quest VII). It's based on a relatively simple shape. It may be a little big (200 px high), but considering that George in Broken Sword is approximately 150px that should work for an entire character.

Anyway...thanks again of picking me (Yay!), and I'll try to come up with something chalanging and interesting.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk