Maniac Mansion Mania - Episode 53 - The Klaus strikes back

Started by Bòógieman, Sat 13/09/2008 14:40:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Bòógieman

Here is another Maniac Mansion Mania episode for you!
Originally released in 2006 and now finally translated to English  :D

Short description:
In episode 8 'The rebuff', Klaus forced Bernard to do his homework for him, but all he got was a devastating rebuff. Tarred and feathered as he was, Klaus swore terrible revenge. As the direct sequel to "The rebuff" this episode starts where episode 8 ended. Klaus gets hold of Bernards prank book and now he is heading for revenge...

Download

The original game language is German so you need to select the English translation in the setup  ;)

Have fun!

P.S.: You should play "Maniac Mansion", "Day Of The Tentacle" and all the previous "Maniac Mansion Mania" episodes (at least the translated ones) before playing this game.  ;)
There are several references that you won't understand if you have never played that games.  :-\
>>>> END OF LINE <<<<

evilenergizerbunny

Thank YOU!!! I've been waiting a long time for another MMM game to be translated.

Dualnames

Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

FrasierCrane

I've played the German version of the game a while ago and I must say that it's one of the best MMM Episodes. It has some good puzzles and is very funny. It's also a very long on for a MMM Episode, it's not a short length game.
I think one doesn't have to have played all previous MMM episodes. There are some references to old games, especially to Episode 8 (,which, luckily, has an english translation: http://www.maniac-mansion-mania.com/index.php?option=com_contentask=view&id=26&Itemid=37), but the game isn't unplayable without a vast Maniac Mansion knowledge, there are only a few jokes which one might not understand completely.
"Who dares enter the dark labyrinth of the human mind?"

Iv4n

What? There are 53 released maniac mansion fan games?!?

Bòógieman

>>>> END OF LINE <<<<

LuciferSam86

Quote from: Bòógieman on Mon 15/09/2008 18:12:29
no, there are 72
+ 25 episodes in various specials
;D

most of them only in german  :-[

anyway good work!
God is Real, unless declared Integer

Bòógieman

btw: I uploaded a new version of the game
I only fixed a really small bug (a wrong idle view while Klaus has the bucket on his head)
so there isn't really a reason to download it again if you already downloaded the old version  ;)
>>>> END OF LINE <<<<

Bòógieman

News:
I just released a new version (V1.6) of this game.

What is new?
- Corrections of spelling mistakes in the German and English translation.
- An all new shiny French translation. 8)

The Italian translation is currently in production.
>>>> END OF LINE <<<<

Bòógieman

Another update:
The Italian translation is done and released (V1.7)  8-)

Thanks to the crew of "Monkey Island World (miworld.eu)"  :-*
>>>> END OF LINE <<<<

Bòógieman

Just to let you know: The new V1.8 version of the game now also has German voice acting!  ;-D
Since it is bigger in size there is a separate download link for it.

Enjoy!  :-*
>>>> END OF LINE <<<<

Danvzare

I just want to let you know that The Klaus Strikes Back is my favourite Maniac Mansion Mania episode, and I'm glad to see that even after all these years, you've still gone back and improved it.

I only know a bit of German, but I think I'll actually play it again now, just to hear it with the voice acting. Who knows, maybe I might pick up a word or two.  :-D

Bòógieman

Thank you!  :kiss:
To be honest, I just had a minor supporting role in the development.
alphawolf300, one of our MMM members who has a voice acting community running, did the main part.

Quote from: Danvzare on Sat 30/09/2023 13:08:49I only know a bit of German, but I think I'll actually play it again now, just to hear it with the voice acting. Who knows, maybe I might pick up a word or two.  :-D
You should definitely do this, it works!  ;-D
I did something similar when I was a child and desperately wanted to play Zak McKracken on my C64, but only had the English version of it.
This is how I learned some basic English before it was taught in school.  :-D
>>>> END OF LINE <<<<

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk