Beauties and Beasts

Started by MashPotato, Wed 02/07/2008 15:02:30

Previous topic - Next topic

MashPotato

Thanks Ivy :)

About all the comments about the ending, I feel I have to say thank goodness for beta-testers ;)
Spoiler
I had the ending in mind as worked on the game through the week (the original idea had the player character as a bit mean, but not psychopathic... for example, the blonde's eyes would have been irritated by rubbing alcohol, and not permanently blinded.  Things obviously changed as the week went by ;)).  However, as the creator it seemed obvious to me that the player was insane, and I thought saying so explicitly at the end would wreck the joke.  I asked Nickenstien about it and he thought it was a good ending, and suggested using a newspaper headline as the revealer.  I liked the idea as it made it less explicit than if the narrator revealed it, ran with it, and added the sub-heading article about the pageant as further evidence that the player had a grossly distorted view of reality... and it seems that it's what people ended up liking the most!  It just shows how having an outside perspective helps :)
[close]

lemmy101

Lovely little game Mash! Really enjoyed it, well done! :D I already told you that but didn't spot this thread until now. :)

CosmoQueen

What a crazy lil game! But it was pretty fun. I enjoyed it! Any chance we'll being seeing this insane mystery woman in another game?
KPop and AGS....................that is my life.

MashPotato

Ah, just saw this!  Thanks for playing guys, glad you liked it :D
As for a sequel... not for the foreseeable future, but who knows? ;)

Squinky

Har har! Fun little crazy game!

Thanks!

firefly

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk