Nelly Cootalot II - Tech Demo

Started by Ali, Sun 21/09/2008 15:33:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Ali

Dualnames & firefly: Thanks guys, I'm glad you like it this way.

Questionable: Thanks for the positive comment, but I'm not choosing between the two looks. Both will appear in different parts of the game.

Paper Carnival & Ed Loen: Originally both outfits came with the ponytail. After listening to feedback, I thought hair-down might look better with cool original flavour Nelly. Real-life Nelly liked it more and her opinion carries a lot of weight because she cooks my meals.

Ryan Timothy
I use Blender3D. The characters' skeletons modified versions of the 'Ludwig' model which has been donated to the Blender Community, so the rigging was easier than it might have been.

vertigoaddict: I haven't seen Madeleine, but I confidently predict that the voice in the demo will sound nothing like her! Nelly Cootalot dolls would be cool.

Trent R

Awesome images, but have yet to play the demo through...

With the 'Marine' outfit, I actually like how it looks except for the hat. I think that if the hat was white, it may tie it in better.

~Sirus Squire
~Trent Robertson
To give back to the AGS community, I can get you free, full versions of commercial software. Recently, Paint Shop Pro X, and eXPert PDF Pro 6. Please PM me for details.

Current Project: The Wanderer
On Hold: Hero of the Rune

Questionable

SOOOOO

I finally played the tech demo. Everything was perfect! I really like the look of things Ali.

My only gripe is that the speech quality was inconsistent. Not a big bother, though. Also there was a line of missing speech.

Other than that; I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS GAME TO BE FINISHED!!!
All my trophies have disappeared... FINALLY! I'm free!

Erwin_Br

The 3D character is absolutely gorgeous, but I also think it lost some of the charm that the original hand drawn version had.

I wonder if it's possible to make 3D backgrounds in the same minimalist low-color style. Might be interesting.

--Erwin

Ghost

Well great news indeed- I think my computer must be at the bottom of the performance scale (AMD Sempron, 1.5 Gh, 256 MB RAM and an onboard NVidea 6100)and the demo runs smooth as hell. So good going there.

What can I say- when I downloaded, I thought the game would be a prelude to Nelly's adventures, hence the "lower ranking" outfit, and I loved it (to be honest, I liked the original Guybrush more than the captain's outfit one in MI 2).

That game oozes style, and the touches you added to Nelly as a result of this thread just make it more... oozy, I guess.

It's not often that I instantly love a character. You made it, Ali.

(Voice acting is great too, but please be gentle on an old man's erratic net connection and make the voice pack a separate d'load, eh?)

m0ds

Wow, I hadn't seen this! What a wonderful tech demo Ali! The new look is fantastic. The speech and stuff is absolutely awesome, I liked all the in-tech-jokes :P Very chucklesome stuff, absolutely nothing I'd change about it! Well, I hope you bring me some good news in the future. Best of luck with the game!!! :)

ManicMatt

I loved it! I was dying for more!

My only gripe was that the male voice wasnt as natural sounding as the female's. As in it didnt sound like an actor playing the part, but well, you doing it yourself?  ;D

Angel Dust

Very good but definitely lacking the charm of the original characters. They just look a little 'dead'. Maybe work on getting some life into the eyes? I also think you should lose the black outlines, the edit that someone did with coloured outlines looked much better.

Bai Karl

This is looking GREAT! Professional work! Bravo Ali!

Angel Dust

I probably should have mentioned I thought the parallax backgrounds were fantastic. My girlfriend, a big fan of the first game, saw me playing the tech demo and got very very excited and absolutely loves the new style. Although we both agree the voice acting could do with some work in both performance and audio quality.

Tosek

Is Nelly 2 really done with AGS or with visionaire? I am asking because I found the nelly 2 news on the visionaire website too.

Ali

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk