Murder in the Mansion [Patch Released]

Started by Creator, Sun 17/02/2008 06:14:43

Previous topic - Next topic

Creator

I'm glad I inspired you... somehow.
In what way was the ending annoying?

iggy987

Dude.. are you going to make a sequel or not? The story was good although for the rest I can't say.. but still the dream etc part was interesting.

Creator

Thanks for the comment on my story. I agree that the rest of it was not really as good as it could have been (with the dialog only having 3 options and the game practically pushing you in the right direction all the time), but because the story is so open-ended I'll probably start making a sequel when I finish my mid-year exams. Untill then I'll plan out what I can add to MitM 2 to make the story more exciting and make the game play more fun.

MoodyBlues

I played through this last night, and it really surprised me! 

Yes, it's rough.  The graphics are pretty simple, and there aren't any real puzzles.

But the game has a lot going for it:

Spoiler
The first time Ninja woke up from a nightmare (or was it?), I thought, "Oh great.  He's ripping off Seven Days a Stranger."  But the difference was you kept doing it at unpredictable times.  It was really pretty effective.  Even with the blocky graphics, the part where the butler suddenly transforms and says, "I'm going to kill you now" made me jump.
[close]

If you rewrote some of the dialogue and gave the game a less jokey, self-conscious tone, it could be really good.  Good luck on the sequel!

Oh, and I second the motion to allow the player to click through text.
Atapi - A Fantasy Adventure
Now available!: http://www.afwcon.org/

Creator

Thought I should say that I've made a patch for this game. Changed the story a bit and changed some sprites. It's available here.
;)

LRH

Played through it, really neat for a first!

I liked the story, there were times when the text was a little too fast and I had to play again to understand just what was going on, but then again, that fast-paced style kinda made my head spin, as far as with what was going on, so that was also kinda neat.

In any case, nice job, keep learning ags, I bet you have a lot of potential.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk