Damsel

Started by Play_Pretend, Thu 25/09/2008 05:30:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Dualnames

I thought I posted my thoughts on this game. Ah..anyway, the game is surely one of the best AGS games, probably the best AGS short game at least. It's funny, enjoyable and it has a prince fall from 7 meters.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Snarky

Quote from: Strange Visitor on Sun 08/02/2009 12:44:28
Plus...I was going to keep this on the down-low, but it's just awesome...Al Lowe played Damsel!

I first read this as claiming that the voice of Damsel was played by Al Lowe. Which...  ???

The game is really fun, and the ways in which D dispatches each suitor in turn cracked me up (helped a lot by her excellent, deadpan voice actor: Good job Al!). The puzzles were quite easy and fair, the only thing was that I kept trying things before I was supposed to (like using the pepper to get the lumberjack to sneeze, stuff like that). Although the graphics aren't that impressive at first glance, once the dragon shows up it starts to look really nice, with some great animations.

Ryan Timothy B

I can't believe this game has been released for over a year now and I just Finally played it the other day.

I must say that I enjoyed this game immensely!  I loved all the little cut-scenes and side quests that you must complete before escaping.  I laughed quite a few times.
Voices were also excellent, also the character art.

I would love to see another game made by you SV.  Can't believe it took me this long to finally play it. :P

Gord10

Especially the voice acting is quite successful. I'd love to see the future games.

About the hint system,
Spoiler
it would be better if the following Woodcutter and Dragon hints get visible only after they get on the scene. Because it is a bit spoiling to see the list of 'rescueres' at the beginning.
[close]
Games are art!
My horror game, Self

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk