Error: Illegal exception [SOLVED]

Started by .M.M., Sun 28/09/2008 14:20:42

Previous topic - Next topic

.M.M.

Hi, please do you know what does this error mean? I did nothing special with my game, I just added few interactions (with functions like Display)... I am using AGS 3.0.2 SP1.
---------------------------
Illegal exception
An exception 0xC00000FD occurred in ACWIN.EXE at EIP = 0x0042E510 ; program pointer is +208, ACI version 3.02.1025, gtags (0,20)

AGS cannot continue, this exception was fatal. Please note down the numbers above, remember what you were doing at the time and notify CJ on the Tech forum.

Most versions of Windows allow you to press Ctrl+C now to copy this entire message to the clipboard for easy reporting.

An error file CrashInfo.dmp has been created. You may be asked to upload this file when reporting this problem on the AGS Forums. (code 0)
OK  

Pumaman

Would you be able to upload the CrashInfo file, or upload the game itself to allow me to try and reproduce the problem?

.M.M.

Oh, sorry, I forgot to do this. Here is game including crash info (in folder CrashInfo).

Pumaman

Thanks. I've traced the problem to a bug in AGS if the Use Inventory cursor mode (Mouse Cursor 4) is set as Standard Mode = True.

I'll get it fixed, but in the meantime you should be able to avoid the crash by changing Standard Mode to False for the Use Inv mouse cursor.

.M.M.

Oh, thank you very, very much! :D I could never find this, because I changed this before a half of the year... I had almost no backup copy, so if this couldn´t be solved, i shoud start a totaly new project. Again- thanks!  :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk