Problem with the verb coin template.

Started by Eggie, Sun 05/10/2008 22:51:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Eggie

Basically, I have a large scrolling room and the verb coin won't pop up unless I'm clicking right in the top corner.
My first question is: Is there a way to fix this?
My second question is, if it's not practical to re-jig the verb coin code (the inner workings of which I have no idea about) then what would be the easiest way to adapt a game made with the verb coin template to the more traditional cycling through options interface.

Electroshokker

Quote from: Eggie on Sun 05/10/2008 22:51:40
Basically, I have a large scrolling room and the verb coin won't pop up unless I'm clicking right in the top corner.
My first question is: Is there a way to fix this?
My second question is, if it's not practical to re-jig the verb coin code (the inner workings of which I have no idea about) then what would be the easiest way to adapt a game made with the verb coin template to the more traditional cycling through options interface.

This is a known bug, which was reported by The Monk! a while back. My schedule's been pretty hectic so I haven't gotten around to fixing it yet.

I'll try to find the time to fix it, but you best PM me once in a while to remind me. (with all the stuff I've got going on I tend to forget)

monkey0506

If it's any assistance, I have been working on a verb coin GUI for a project I'm collaborating with subspark on. It's a pretty basic verb coin, but I've verified that it is functional even in large scrolling rooms.

If you're interested what I've gotten so far:

- Left click (no hold) to walk.
- Left click and hold to pull up verb coin.
- Right click to perform default interaction (this can be set to say, eModeInteract, the default is eModeWalkto, or if the Properties module is imported it automatically detects that).

I use Buttons on the GUI for each different interaction, and I've implemented functions to enable/disable buttons as different cursor modes making it very customizable. It has full inventory functionality (no inventory GUI supplied, it works with whatever you've got), and as I said it works in scrolling rooms.

If anybody is interested in my verb coin GUI I could probably get some real graphics (I'm just using test graphics right now) and upload something. I've modularized the code so it would be a simple matter to import it on top of an existing game, but any specific settings you were using from Electroshokker's template would have to be modified/replaced.

Just thought I'd offer as Electroshokker did say he's busy and I've been working on this. ;) Just let me know if you think my GUI might be of assistance.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk