DoVaDuLa'S BuRn (english/italian)

Started by PuNKKoMmANDO77, Thu 09/10/2008 13:37:33

Previous topic - Next topic

PuNKKoMmANDO77

DOVADULA'S BURN

STORY:
IS A NORMAL DAY IN DOVADULA'S , AS ALWAYS PUNKKOMMANDO SEARCH TO DESTROY HIS HATED TOWN  ,BUT  ALL WENT IN THE WRONG WAY.
SOMEONE CALL THE POLICE  
WHAT HE DOING NOW?
YOU JUST SEE......

LONGEVITY: 3-5 hours

DOWNLOAD
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15911665/DOVADULA%27S%20BURN%20%5BITA-ENG%5D-%20%20.rar

arj0n

Leon

Downloading....

[edit] xcuse me ??  :o :o :o  362Mb???
Ultimate Game Solutions - Because there is a solution for everything

Akatosh

As evidenced by the source code, there are, in fact, a lot of screenshots available - here, here, here, here, here, here aaaand here. No idea why they don't show up properly.

Also:

a) please refrain from TYPING ALL CAPS (we can read small letters just fine!)
b) please tell us some more about the actual game (how is it played, how long is it, why is the file so freaking HUGE ...)
c) consider getting a spelling / grammar checker
d) forgive me for being an ass  ;)

and

e) welcome to the forums, and congratulations on finishing your first game. I'll download it as soon as there's an English version available. ;)

kaputtnik

I was quite willing to check the Italian version out, I haven't used my Italian in years, but you know what they say: asino che ha fame mangia di ogni strame ;) - but: Megaupload has canceled my download twice for no good reason and the third time I got a time out error. Big file, big problems.
I, object.

Leon

When I try to view the screenshots I get:
"You don't have permission to access /2/2/0/0/8/9/6/1216228023.jpg on this server."

I also haven't been able to get the complete game yet but pausing and resuming does the trick.... 4 times already.

bicilotti

Meh, c'è "forbidden" dappertutto sugli screenshot! Complimenti comunque per aver pubblicato il tuo primo gioco, se ti serve una mano ocn l'inglese dimmelo!

Dualnames

No so se li serva una mano ma se essere possibile preferirei di avere qualcosa da vedere prima di giocare 362 mb.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Leon

Right, finally got the game. First of all congratulations on publishing your first game!
Here's my first impression.

Eehhhh....

My second impression: what can I say? The first looks are very chaotic. The characters are well drawn but the rooms are very (colour)full and 'messy'. I'm not sure of that's the right word but I don't know where to look or click.  I think when you bring back the colour and brightness of the rooms and the numerous animations in each room, the game becomes more attractive to players (at least to me). There are a lot of locations to visit so I think the game can take a while but after five locations my eyes couldn't take anymore. I think the way Captain Fortuna walks is also adding to the chaotic impression.

The texts and dialogs are all in uppercase so it's a lot of 'shouting' going on (or is that the way they normally speak in Italy?  ;) ) It might be the font used, but I'm not really fond of it...
The chosen music is (in my opinion) a bit inapropriate to the surroundings of the game but maybe that changes once I see the translated version. Speaking of music....

You published the full game, including all your sources and including all full audio tracks (thank god they're MP3 and not WAV...  ;D)
When you publish the game again, only publish the contents of the 'compiled' folder. That's more than enough. Then you even might want to consider to split the archive and put the music.vox in a music addon. Then the player can decide to download the 148Mb extra of music or not, if not it only leaves a downloadable file of 57Mb and I think that's more realistic for a game with this looks and number of locations.

Good luck with this release and future projects, I'll certainly be playing if the English version is out. ... eehhh... well... since I've got the sourcecode, why not translate myself... Hmmm. better not. My Italian is worst than your Dutch...   :D

[edit] Debug mode is still on...

bicilotti

Quote from: Leon on Thu 09/10/2008 23:58:43
The texts and dialogs are all in uppercase so it's a lot of 'shouting' going on (or is that the way they normally speak in Italy?  ;) )

I lolled hard for half an hour after having read that!

PuNKKoMmANDO77

Quote from: bicilotti on Thu 09/10/2008 20:46:27
Meh, c'è "forbidden" dappertutto sugli screenshot! Complimenti comunque per aver pubblicato il tuo primo gioco, se ti serve una mano ocn l'inglese dimmelo!

hem il problema e' diverso
non riesco proprio a postare le immagini se mi dai un aiutino sarebbe molto gradito

bicilotti

Vai su http://imageshack.us/ e caricale da là. Poi prendi il link e postalo da qua.

PuNKKoMmANDO77

Quote from: bicilotti on Sat 11/10/2008 11:14:09
Vai su http://imageshack.us/ e caricale da là. Poi prendi il link e postalo da qua.

grazie mille amico

Dualnames

Allora, posso dire che e tanto difficile con tutti questi i colori che ho perso la voglia di giocare, se non era tanto difficile di vederlo , potervo dire che sarebbe piu facilde da giocare.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Frodo

The pictures look nice.  I'll download it when there's an English version.   :)

SuperDre

I'll also check it out once there is an english version... and please people only english please, so everybody can read what's being said on the forums..

bicilotti

Quote from: SuperDre on Sun 12/10/2008 18:07:33
I'll also check it out once there is an english version... and please people only english please, so everybody can read what's being said on the forums..

Don't worry, we were talking about plumbering ;)

Dualnames

Quote from: bicilotti on Sun 12/10/2008 19:21:42
Quote from: SuperDre on Sun 12/10/2008 18:07:33

Don't worry, we were talking about plumbering ;)

Sorry.. well, I said it's just that the colors are very weird (for the menus) and despite I 'd like to play it's virually impossible.

paolo

It looks like a couple of people have downloaded this game and played it. Has anyone had any trouble getting the game to start? When I click on "NUOVO GIOCO" ("NEW GAME"), the game hangs.

EDIT: I've downloaded the game and been playing it for a while now. The interface is a bit fiddly to use at times but the game is well worth playing, I think, and has given me a lot of laughs too.

EDIT: An English version is now available: download it from here (59M approx).

The music pack (which is the reason for the original file being so huge) is being uploaded separately so people can choose whether or not to download it.

About the game:

Where Man has failed...
    Where God has failed...
        Punk rules!

Punk bass-player PuNKKoMmANDO hates the town of DoVaDuLa'S and is determined to destroy it, but his countless attempts at doing so have always been thwarted. When the police confiscate his bass guitar, PuNKKoMmANDO turns to the punk-rock guitarist Matt Freeman for help.

Available in English and Italian

Features:

* A huge number of locations and characters
* Lots of wacky humour
* An hour's gameplay or more

PuNKKoMmANDO77

i add the english version
whit the paolo help

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk