Fortnightly Writing Competition: Winners Announced!

Started by DanielH, Sat 04/10/2008 13:18:43

Previous topic - Next topic

Krayy

Quote from: Oddysseus on Fri 24/10/2008 18:26:18
Krayy - Just hilarious.  And I can't wait to play Duke Nukem Forever on my Playstation 12.
Ah, the irony of going from a Vapourware project to a canceled one  :D
Adventure is my middle game...

TwinMoon

My vote goes to rock_chick (contrary so Krayy I do not like morality tales, but it's very well written.)

rock_chick

Quote from: TwinMoon on Sun 26/10/2008 00:51:19
My vote goes to rock_chick (contrary so Krayy I do not like morality tales, but it's very well written.)

It's only partly a morality tale but it's meant to more be about following the path you wanted for yourself and not for someone else's cause when it isn't even what that person would have wanted.

Krayy

Quote from: rock_chick on Sun 26/10/2008 06:46:54
It's only partly a morality tale but it's meant to more be about following the path you wanted for yourself and not for someone else's cause when it isn't even what that person would have wanted.
Brought to mind the end of "Criminal Law" when Gary Oldmans character throws the case and his law practice to put Kevin Bacon away when he finally realises that he's truly evil and there is no hope of him repenting or even feeling sorry for the murders. hence the morality tale comparison.

Adventure is my middle game...

DanielH

And with that, the competition ends.

1st Is rock_chick

Joint 2nd Are Obi and Krayy

rock_chick, The next competition is yours.

The rest of you, better luck next time.

TwinMoon

Congrats rock_chick!

(if I may revisit the morality thing one more time: ending with the morale gives it a strong emphasis,

Quote from: rock_chick on Sun 26/10/2008 06:46:54It's only partly a morality tale but it's meant to more be about following the path you wanted for yourself and not for someone else's cause when it isn't even what that person would have wanted.
Yes, and that's why I think it's a good story.
It IS a morality tale, but the morale is told through a character instead of just pointing the finger, which is good.)

rock_chick

Alright, I'll start the next one tomorrow. Just need to think up a good idea.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk