SpriteJam - The Underworld 2008 (oct.10th to oct.24th) - WINNERS!

Started by Stefano, Fri 10/10/2008 16:01:34

Previous topic - Next topic

Stefano

Trying to make my first AGS game.

BillyCoen

First attempt at light effects, didnt go aswell as my brain imagined...but here is the Oakrock Monster! who gets himself rooted into the ground and can lay dorment for up to 1000 years until he senses a weak prey for wich to feast on...or a formidible foe for wich he must defend himself....but either way with his razor sharp stone teeth that line his throat mean that his Bark is certainly not worse than his bite! ;D
http://www.marapets.com/refer.php?id=BloodpakDave

Marapets is The Bestest Thing in THE WhOlE WidE WoRld!!! ^^

Ghost

The Cavern Crystal Carver has been thought exting since the olden days of EGA,
but we... we dug too deep. We dug too greedy. We found it...

150x150, 10 colours (11 with background black)

None of us was able to capture it. The 3C is, due to its highly limited palette and
crude pixelation, immune to the fine-tuned tablet guns and HiRes Rifles... luckyly,
I had brought my Hand Pixelator, which is even able to de-pixelate Mario.

145x44,  7 colours

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Since I did a version of myself last year I thought it would be nice to include Leader One of the Blue Cup Force, none other than *CJ himself!

10 colors, 150x150

Here we see him in a strikingly heroic pose while wearing his Golden Age Roger Suit.  Beside him are the tools of his trade, a laptop with a mouse and wi-fi connection, a set of blank dvds for storage, and two cases of KIK! brand soda.  So armed, he is alert and capable of detecting any threats to the Force before they occur.

*if you don't know what CJ looks like by now then what are you doing here?

Oddysseus

A slug.

I was going to put more effort into it, but I didn't.

Stefano

Thanks for joining, folks! I'll try to coherently comment your work using nothing but my crappy English from the tropics.

BillyCoen - that's exactly the type of behavior I would expect from creature adapted to survive in such a hostile, food-scarce environment! Loved your concept and the cave-like hybrid rock|mushroom look you've picked.
Ghost - I LOLd @ the EGA stuff and how it rendered modern pixel capturing equipment useless! The 16th centurish pixel pistol sure is an extra treat and made me LOL too.
ProgZmax - Oh! Chris Jones in a Roger suit (a.k.a. tights!). Hahaha! That's brilliant, mate. And the notebook matching the uniform colors... just freaking priceless.
Oddysseus - "I was going to put more effort into it, but I didn't." Aw. That's too bad... your sprite was definitely going somewhere. Maybe next time?

Aaaanyway.
Winners, please take these chewable pixel hunter helm scaled replicas, with soft special glow-in-the-dark mushed 'shrooms filling as a token of our appreciation, for risking your lifes in our expedition to the Underworld, 2008 version.

- 1st - ProgZ
- 2nd - Ghost
- 3rd - BillyCoen
Warning: may contain unknown microscopic pixel creatures.

Congrats!  ;)
Trying to make my first AGS game.

Ghost

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Yay, I was hoping to win because I have a short jam of ultimate fun!  STAY TUNED!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk